Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭furiousox

Skid wrote: »
    I'll be honest with ye, I am more concerned about this rumoured Stone Roses reunion at the moment.
    Press Conference at 3pm, no Mooney for me today ...

If it's not the 4 original members they shouldn't do it.
    (Sorry, off topic)

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Lapin wrote: »
    I was one Syklops, but I think I know where Jon is coming from.

There is something very condecinding about someone who made good abroad (especially in the States) coming on a live radio programme telling those back home where they are going wrong.

Whats the difference between Mary from clontarf who has never been further than Bray ringing up and giving her two pence worth, and someone who has gone and done something?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

I wash my hands of these Fairy Liquid estates! Groan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

syklops wrote: »
    Whats the difference between Mary from clontarf who has never been further than Bray ringing up and giving her two pence worth, and someone who has gone and done something?

Nothing personal, Syklops, and I am not talking about you, but it is the attitude that 'everyone who hasn't lived abroad hasn't a clue what they are talking about' which grates on us homies at times.

Going through departures does not automatically give you a well of knowledge. Mary from Clontarf's opinion is of no less worth than Sean in Chicago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Lapin wrote: »
    There is something very condecinding about someone who made good abroad (especially in the States) coming on a live radio programme telling those back home where they are going wrong.

Yeh I'm not giving about all ex pats... Just the ones that ring in to liveline always seem to have that same aloofness.. as if they have been sent to their particular country on a Government fact finding mission to find out how things should be done properly, before reporting back to us all in their most patronising tone what we are doing wrong..

The problem is this country was more that people were cutting corners out of greed, rather than a lack of ability to do things properly...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Yeh I'm not giving about all ex pats... Just the ones that ring in to liveline always seem to have that same aloofness.. as if they have been sent to their particular country on a Government fact finding mission to find out how things should be done properly, before reporting back to us all in their most patronising tone what we are doing wrong..

The problem is this country was more that people were cutting corners out of greed, rather than a lack of ability to do things properly...

No Jon, people were cutting corners because they knew they could cut corners and nobody would check.

If there were proper checks none of this stuff could have happened.

That's where we fail, we can't regulate ourselves,we can't see the big picture.

We can't for the life of us, see the greater good, no, we abandon cars everywhere with the 'Ah shure I'm only here for a few minutes attitude' and then go ballistic when the clampers move in.

Big need of a beating with the 'grow up the fcuk' stick in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

A kettle's fairly complicated...

if you gave it to a gorilla ..he would throw it at the nearest male ..

you can understand the mans confusion..:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

PLEASE SOMEONE POST UP THE IRISH SUN DEPICTION OF DUFFY IN A GIMP SUIT...HILARIO...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

macroboy wrote: »
    PLEASE SOMEONE POST UP THE IRISH SUN DEPICTION OF DUFFY IN A GIMP SUIT...HILARIO...

I dont normally look at newspapers in the shop especially the rags but had a good laugh in tesco yesterday reading reading one of the papers descriptions of joe and a picture beside of joe in the gimp suit, funniest thing in a newspaper in ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Yet more priory hall today with countless "expert" opinion from people that turned a blind eye to all the ropey practices during the "boom".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

No Aviva workers? Poor form tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"Literally crumbling before your eyes"

Look up the word literally in the dictionary Joe you tit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭furiousox

Is this a repeat? :rolleyes:

CPL 593H

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

How big is your crack missus?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

'pirates under me floor'

l.jpg

Joe The Builder again today... Can he fix it??? Not unless hes going to make a payment out of his 400k

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Not even talking about Aviva? Piss poor tbh. Yes Priory Hall is a nightmare but it's before the courts now and liveline can't do anything about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

That_Guy wrote: »
    Not even talking about Aviva? Piss poor tbh. Yes Priory Hall is a nightmare but it's before the courts now and liveline can't do anything about it.

Whats happening at Aviva?

Not even talking about Aviva? .

come on everyone knows that joe couldnt upset the advertisers. Hed have to take a paycut if he did that

Liveline is the courts, dontyaknow! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Hell of a lot of remedial work for pyrite...that's why homebond ran a mile. They only want to know about little snags like settlement cracks and swollen timber.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

I know priory hall is as bad as you can get but they have had their fair share of media attention, Enda Kenny was talking about it yesterday and it featured on primetime last night as well as every news report. (thats if they discuss it again today)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Load of b0llicks from this fella no doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

syklops wrote: »
    Whats happening at Aviva?

950 jobs gone.. I thought they would be discussing it as well.. Nothing but Aviva on the news..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Homebond is a joke

better to use an old school builder, they still exist

miketv wrote: »
    I know priory hall is as bad as you can get but they have had their fair share of media attention, ....

There are many many more priory halls in the country.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 99 ✭✭Royal Dub

tell us something we dont know you plank

paddy loves a good aul yarn

950 job losses in AVIVA, and they have their name over our ''national'' stadium

get with the programme nipple clamps Duffy,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

ohmigod, it's groundhog day.... again! :rolleyes:

Does any one remember the saying when buildings were being lashed up "Concrete built is better built" Better built if u like your house to move and crack

• Advertisement

Royal Dub wrote: »
    get with the programme nipple clamps Duffy,

:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement