Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Wonder will this one tell us how things are in dalkey today. sounds like a stuck up aul kunt with to much time

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

She got hers up in the hall! Lucky her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Maccers must be a squirter according to the last caller..

'you could feel the love coming out of her'

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Catriona that bridge you've picked, go f**k yourself off it and take mary with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

This is almost as bad as the Brian Lenihan love in even though the fúcker sold this country down the swanny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I'm going to ring in and say Mary MacAleese was a rubbish President.

She should build a bridge and feck off over it.

maybe they can name the mound in clontarf the Mary McAleese Memorial flood prevention mound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Ahjaysisjoe

lo and behold... a dark tunnel to hell would be more appropriate...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Well, that was depressing. Byeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

orourkeda wrote: »
    That doest necessarily take from the fact that she has been good at her job. I'm no FF supporter but credit where it's due in fairness to her.

Good at shaking a lot of peoples hands, travelling to all of the world's continents, and delivering many fluffy speeches.

Toughest job in the world, of course.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 99 ✭✭Royal Dub

neris wrote: »
    maybe they can name the mound in clontarf the Mary McAleese Memorial flood prevention mound

Here Here, Mary's Mound

ah poor dana rosemary scallions had a wheel blow out. wouldnt say shed know anything about blowing

derek needs a kick in the head. pillock with his tits

So Joe would rather talk about Priory Hall for three days and spend the last 25 minutes **** furiously over McAleese instead of mentioning the situation at Aviva.

Joke shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

neris wrote: »
    ah poor dana rosemary scallions had a wheel blow out. wouldnt say shed know anything about blowing

eh, you don't actually blow..... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

02802741.jpg

Joe and Derek make the initial crossing of the MMA Bridge.

sudzs wrote: »
    eh, you don't actually blow..... ;)

She might not but I certainly do. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

That_Guy wrote: »
    She might not but I certainly do. ;)

Mod warning any minute now!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSThUIuxBKWw2icSyw873OS5fsjV8nleKUh60cwoEFq4mpBmXfW

macalese bridge...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Good at shaking a lot of peoples hands, travelling to all of the world's continents, and delivering many fluffy speeches.

Toughest job in the world, of course.

That says more about you than the presidency.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

macroboy banned for 7 days for breach of charter. A reminder to all that excessive use of large fonts for no reason will result in a warning or a ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

well that was muck radio today, who cares about aviva going down the pan, when the national broadcaster's flagship talkshow cant be bothered covering the story and instead has some lad ring in with quite possibly the worst poem (and i use that poem term very lightly) in the history of poetry.

orourkeda wrote: »
    That says more about you than the presidency.

In fairness,the "job" of the presidency has been way overstated in recent years and in particular during the visit of QE2 and Obama. The building bridges thing has been greatly exagerrated too,especially when she equated Unionists to Nazis.That didn't build too many bridges.
    You'd swear John Hume never existed such is the clamour to claim credit for the peace process.
    McAleese stuck her fooot in her mouth several times during her presidency but that has been forgotten now.
    It is not a difficult job.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Joe Duffy was asked several questions about his wages on Midweek on TV3 tonight. He refers to salary as "fees".

I have no interest in his wages, but I know some on here who hate his huge salary (but yet still listen to his programme??) have an interest.

He said that he took a 30% pay cut that came into effect on Oct 1. She spent about 5 minutes of the interview discussing the RTE wages issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Joe Duffy was asked several questions about his wages on Midweek on TV3 tonight. He refers to salary as "fees".

arrgggghhh.. didnt know he was on.. He probably referred to his salary as "fees" because he is a contractor, and his accountant probably told him to describe it as such... Also "fees" is kind of a euphemism for "four hundred and eight thousand, eight hundred and eighty nine euros and twenty five cents"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

but I know some on here who hate his huge salary (but yet still listen to his programme??) have an interest.

Should not liking him being overpaid and listening to the show be mutually exclusive?
    If anything I listen partly to hear where some of my TV licence money goes... besides, he gets paid whther or not us few forum dwellers listen or not...

As for fees: it's the correct term...same one I use. He doesn't draw a salary, he charges a fee for services rendered.

arrgggghhh.. didnt know he was on.. He probably referred to his salary as "fees" because he is a contractor, and his accountant probably told him to describe it as such... Also "fees" is kind of a euphemism for "four hundred and eight thousand, eight hundred and eighty nine euros and twenty five cents"

Maybe if you stopped listening to him, his wages might reduce...ever think of doing that.

Wertz wrote: »
    Should not liking him being overpaid and listening to the show be mutually exclusive?
    If anything I listen partly to hear where some of my TV licence money goes... besides, he gets paid whther or not us few forum dwellers listen or not...

As for fees: it's the correct term...same one I use. He doesn't draw a salary, he charges a fee for services rendered.

Yes I know why he refers to it as fees.

I just want to clarify, you like the show, you like Joe Duffy...you just don't like what he earns? Then, maybe yes, it might be mutually exclusive.

I personally don't see the point in getting annoyed over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I don't like Duffy..., but I like the topics and I like the idea of a forum for people to talk about stuff in Irish daily life...which Duffy has managed to mangle to his own ends and to suit a furtive agenda on far too many occasions whilst managing to get paid telephone numbers for the privilege.

The reason to get annoyed is because it's a phone in show lasting just over an hour, that requires little talent, yet attracts a pay scale well beyond the CEO of most SMEs in the country.

You were the one who brought up fees over salary...if you understood the concept then why comment on it?
    As for not listening and lessening his fees...it doesn't work like that.

• Advertisement

Maybe if you stopped listening to him, his wages might reduce...ever think of doing that.

No,his wages would not reduce. I don't like Joe Duffy,but I listen to the show because I get a masochistic pleasure from it.I also like to know my enemies.Which are him and the majority of eejits who ring him up telling him he's brilliant and who write creepy poems about Mary McAleese.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement