Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend boarding kennels in cork??

• 04-10-2011 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi everyone,
    myself and my OH are heading off on holidays soon and need somewhere for our spoiled collie to stay while we're gone. We've been lucky so far that we've been able to leave her with family the odd time we go away but unfortunately it isn't an option this time around. we're looking for kennels in and around cork city, some place where the dogs get lots of care and attention.
    anyone have any recommendations?? it'll be our first time leaving our dog in kennels so bit anxious to pick the right place!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭zoby

I have used a couple of places and have finally found a kennels that was fabulous - Best Buddies in Ovens.

My two were settled in before i even left the building and it was very obvious that they had been well cared for. The difference between kennels that i have used is huge so i would say to make an apt and visit before you decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

Hi I use a kennel in cloyne might be a bit far for you but is well worth it, the kennels are clean with large outside runs and Olive who runs it is a fab lady ,,loves the dogs,,I wouldn't go anywhere else..

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Spitfire_24

thanks for the recommendations guys! heard creedons doggie daycare does a good boarding alternative so think ill be trying them out. hopefully my monster will enjoy her holiday too! :D
    thanks again for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭airy-fairy

We've always left our dog in either a Dog's Life or Country View Boarding Kennels. Both in Cobh and both provide excellent service. They also do grooming and if you ask will have the dog freshly washed and clipped on your return.

Country View Kennels do a pick up and drop off service which is a real time saver if you are on a tight schedule.

http://countryviewkennels.ie

http://www.adogslifecobh.com

In fairness when one is booked out I am always perfectly happy to use the other.

AF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I've heard Creedons is good, wish they were nearer to me looks like a fun place for dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭big_drive

Is there any minimum length a dog can be left for? Can a dog be left for a single day?

What are approx costs?

Advertisement