Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car theft alert

Options
  • 04-10-2011 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

ALERT

Stolen car in south Dublin Killiney- Shankill area . A group of guys broke down my front door at 330 am 4 days ago and then stole both my car as well as my girlfriends car along with her wallet. Her car was found burnt out yesterday after being used in a robbery. My car is still missing but may be nearby in another estate.

Registration 05-WH-3905, 1.9 tdi diesel vw passat black with silver trim

Similar to pictures below

Note pioneer CD player and white mark on front bumper on right side

Plates may have been changed.

Any information greatly appreciated

Lock your windows and doors as these guys will no doubt try this again

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Who do these people think they are, invading all our privacy like this. I am pretty sure if we did it to their houses they would not be too impressed!!!!!

I am sorry to hear this and hope you get it back asap! But very likely you wont. My boyfs car got stolen about 3 weeks, and of course with excess on insurance policys etc, it is him that takes the hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

Maybe have a look at this thread.. might be something

His reg was stolen off his car near your neck of the woods
    Sound like a similar car , possibly could be the old style Passat though

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056409168

skibum wrote: »
    My car is a black VW passat, reg is 03 MH 21**

Going to see if I can upload the pics I took of the amount of tape that held them on. There is no way that they fell off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

OP - just curious - were the keys and wallet visible from outside the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

homer911 wrote: »
    OP - just curious - were the keys and wallet visible from outside the house?

Is this going to lead somewhere you try insinuate the OP should have been more aware and responsible and then backtrack and say how it is still no justification to break into someone's house and steal and you sympathise with them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Is this going to lead somewhere you try insinuate the OP should have been more aware and responsible and then backtrack and say how it is still no justification to break into someone's house and steal and you sympathise with them.

A reasonable question by homer911, the OP's car is not a high powered get-away car or anything out of the ordinary like most peoples car. It might be useful to know why the OP was targeted if possible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Tabnabs wrote: »
    A reasonable question by homer911, the OP's car is not a high powered get-away car or anything out of the ordinary like most peoples car. It might be useful to know why the OP was targeted if possible?

Fair enough. It was a regular they havnt burnt out the passat... anyways no help to finding the car or the culprits.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

What's the agressive attitude. I'm in the same area and am curious. The garda do recommend keeping them down stairs to lower the risk of them coming up stairs

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

My car fell victim to mindless vandalism at the weekend in the Monkstown area.
    The driver's window was smashed but nothing taken. There were a few more cars "tampered" with in the area.

So bloody annoying!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Isn't there a bit of a history of this in Monkstown? I'm sure I've heard about cars being tampered with there about a year or two ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

suitseir wrote: »
    My car fell victim to mindless vandalism at the weekend in the Monkstown area.
    The driver's window was smashed but nothing taken. There were a few more cars "tampered" with in the area.

So bloody annoying!!!!

Do you live near Windsor / Richmond by any chance?

• Advertisement

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Do you live near Windsor / Richmond by any chance?

No I live "down the country". I was visiting family for the weekend. So I had to get it sorted before leaving. Didn't fancy driving the motorway without a driver's window....it was sorted by Sunday but still bloody annoying!!!!

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Isn't there a bit of a history of this in Monkstown? I'm sure I've heard about cars being tampered with there about a year or two ago.

Yes there is. My son's car was "kicked" in the bumper area over a year ago. He couldn't be bothered getting it fixed. I can't say that I blame him!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Oh right, I live in Monkstown, and have many friends in Windsor / Richmond whose cars have had windows smashed recently. Visiting a friend on Brighton road this evening, and one of her neighbors windows was smashed at about 9.30.

Would love to catch them in the act and for the Guards to nab them. Granted, there's not much they could really do though unfortunately.

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Oh right, I live in Monkstown, and have many friends in Windsor / Richmond whose cars have had windows smashed recently. Visiting a friend on Brighton road this evening, and one of her neighbors windows was smashed at about 9.30.

Would love to catch them in the act and for the Guards to nab them. Granted, there's not much they could really do though unfortunately.

Yip, I wouldn't mind getting my mits on those guys!!! The local Garda came out but nothing they could do. If I was living locally, I would get a petition going and go to the local Councillor/TD and make them aware of what is going on and get them to put pressure on having more patrols in the area. These guys are only opportunist vandals and need to be caught.....

Advertisement