Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to re trandmite wifi in ubuntu

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Basically it's not possible.

With two wifi adapters you could connect to the original hotspot and then set up an ad-hoc connection to the ubuntu server from another computer but this is a pretty wasteful solution.

You could do something similar with a second router.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

a while ago i saw something in USC
    i was share your internet with your neighbours , that was the brief in description

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

That presumably was giving your neighbours the key for your routers wireless connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Linux certainly has the ability to act as a router but I don't think there is any facility to turn a wireless card into an access point. Although I don't know of any physical reason it isn't possible(emphasis on I don't know).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

if you can go wired, and then create an ad-hoc wireless network, you should be able do it

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/05/5-ways-to-bring-your-desk-to-order-with-ubuntu/

not all network cards support this

• Advertisement
Advertisement