Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed sourcing weights

Options
  • 04-10-2011 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭

Hey people. hopefully someone in here can point me in the right direction.
    I'm looking to get my hands on 4 x 20kg plate weights with a 1" hole. Had a look online but couldnt find anything. Or if anyone in here even knows anyone selling some that would be great.

Thanks in advance guys ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

1" holes are called "standard", the 2" are olympic, you can get them here
    http://www.irish-lifting.com/standard-iron-plates-pe-243.html

you can arrange to pick them up in sandyford or I think in a gym in dublin city, or get delivered. Just ring them, his name is Mickk and is a member here.

I have them a few years and they are still in perfect condition, paint job is great (my argos york ones nearly all have rust now). They are a good height for deadlifting and you can even use them on their own for exercising as they have sort of handles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭marathonic

I got my equipment from PowerHouseFitness. You can usually negotiate a better deal via their Live Help on their website (or get 10% off going through FatCheese.ie).

There is a flat charge for postage to Ireland, regardless of the weight (I think it's 42 pounds sterling).

For four 20kg plates, you'd probably be better with Irish Lifting though. I'm just throwing this out there as an option if you were ordering more stuff.

For example, if you were to go with an Olympic weights set, you could go for this set and get it for about €290 including delivery.

That's €35 cheaper than Irish Lifting for a 5kg heavier set.

Just be careful when ordering equipment and try to imagine what you might need in the future. I bought some standard weights at the start but, after I got my Power Cage, had to upgrade to Olympic weights as the standard bar was to short to fit in the cage.

I bought the 235kg set and am only deadlifting 125kg now - so I've a long way to go before I'm looking for plates. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Cheers guys, I'll check out both sites :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spottykatt

+1 for Irish lifting. I've purchased (for work) commercial equip numerous times with Mickk and always found the service/equip 100%

Advertisement