Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyclocross Racing, Supercross Cup

• 04-10-2011 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭

Sold out!

All 75 available places for Round 1 are taken.

Dublin CX is back this Saturday on a new course and it should be fast, furious, muddy close racing and whatever cliche you're having yourself!

http://mtbireland.com/cyclocross/news.php

edit : I was wrong, there are more than 75 places available it seems.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Good to hear, looking forward to it, but a bit nervous about my debut race. Will be quite strange racing at my workplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Rutrider

Some places available. Sign on quick though, Cat 1 (A) is almost full and Cat 2 (B) is filling up fast!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Rutrider

Sign on is closed forever for the first round at 18:00 Friday. No more names taken after that. No registration on the day.

Sign-on number collection open from 10.30-12.00 only on the saturday. No exceptions.

Spectators need to get their names on the car parking list. Refer to the website for details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Peterx

Cracking race, weather, organisation and most importantly racing. The ageless Robin Seymour took the plaudits yet again in the A race and the B race looked to have equally close racing.
    More girls/ladies required though! Only one in each race. Handy money:D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I believe our own Diarmuid won the B Race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

Quick report from the race: http://ryansherlock.blogspot.com/2011/10/2011-supercross-cup-round-1.html

The official report is misleading (I was never more than a couple of seconds off Robin) - but really happy to see a report and pics up quick.

Fantastic course & super well run. Possibly the best CX course I have ridden...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Peterx wrote: »
    Cracking race, weather, organisation and most importantly racing. The ageless Robin Seymour took the plaudits yet again in the A race and the B race looked to have equally close racing.
    More girls/ladies required though! Only one in each race. Handy money:D

I'm still very happy with my trophy even though I had no competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Very well run event. Enjoyed the racing, well, as much as you can enjoy 53 minutes of pain. Thanks to the guys for putting it on! A race for me next time ;)

Special mention to Darragh for having the skill to cycle up the muddy run-up. It was very impressive. Anyone get a video of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Special mention to Darragh for having the skill to cycle up the muddy run-up. It was very impressive. Anyone get a video of it?

To answer my own question. Linked from StickyBottle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Peterx

Another cool race today although the puncture ratio shot up there as unfortunately the hawthorns were out in force on the course.
    Apart from the puncture risk it was a good tight hard lap, great for spectators and supporters. 3 hard climbs, plenty of tech twistiness and generally all good.
    Robin Seymour again showed a clean pair of heels to the field with Ryan Sherlock and his very glued this week tubs similarly well clear in second.
    Great racing, well done to all in Swords.
    Susie Mitchell, more known for adventure racing, went very well to take the win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Savage course, loved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

Seymour was awesome today, even when he had the win wrapped up with two laps to go he continued to stretch out his lead by going flat out

Advertisement