Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL: 2011-2012 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

Full showing of Hockey Night in Canada tonight including intermission reports..

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

It was a welcome change alright. Nice win for the Habs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Two fantastic early matches today, very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Sabres finally pick up a win...

Been very impressed with the Predators of late, good win over the Blackhawks

The post All-Star games will be huge for the Blackhawks, they've a 9 game road trip. Hopefully Sharp will be back for most, if not all of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Silver Clown

The Habs are playing really well tonight, I really didn't think they'd score 6 (so far!) against the Red Wings!

6-1... where did this team come from??!!

6-2... hope this isn't an implosion!

Just goes to show what happens when Lidstrom doesn't play :D

6-1... where did this team come from??!!

6-2... hope this isn't an implosion!

I know, I'm so glad that I stayed up to watch this game. 7-2 finish? What an insane game!

hasn't even been 2 days and i'm having regular season withdrawal... must... have... hockey...

• Advertisement

All-Star game tonight, it's on Setanta. Working early tomorrow myself so hoping to watch the Skills contest and the Game tomorrow night. That's the good thing about the NHL, it's not that difficult to avoid the scores in Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭cena

Hey joe. Do you think the the game and skills thing well on download in the next day or so. Love watching the skills. If you find anything let me know.

Also watched the first 2ep of the hbo series. Great camera work. Really sad about the young Rangers fan. Would I love that rangers bedroom.

Hockey on tonight!! Go Habs Go!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Rangers back in action tonight. Hope the All-Star break doesn't mess things up. Having a brilliant season so far. Booked my tickets for the Islanders, Hurricanes and Penguins games in March. Can't wait for them.

COYW wrote: »
    Rangers back in action tonight. Hope the All-Star break doesn't mess things up. Having a brilliant season so far. Booked my tickets for the Islanders, Hurricanes and Penguins games in March. Can't wait for them.

Given the way Gaborik played, I'd say you'll be ok.

Very jealous about the games in March...

i.ve still gone to new york like I said. sO JEALOUS OF THE GAMES YOUR GOING TOO. doctors have found a lump on the brothers kidney and is going for an op on monday so they can find out what it is. thats the reason for not going

Huge win for the Oilers last night, 8-4 over the Blackhawks. Not a good start to the Hawks road trip, they've lost four in a row and are slipping down the Western standings. Boston also had a pretty surprising shutout loss to Carolina last night, who are bottom of the East. Although last time the Bruins were shutout they subsequently went on a 7 game win streak, so watch out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Boston also had a pretty surprising shutout loss to Carolina last night, who are bottom of the East. Although last time the Bruins were shutout they subsequently went on a 7 game win streak, so watch out.
    Carolina are a bit of a bogey team for the Bruins this season. They have lost the 4 times they have played them...

Just watching a highlight from last night and I notice the brian and dan boyle both wear the same number 22.

Anyone know why they picked that number

cena wrote: »
    Just watching a highlight from last night and I notice the brian and dan boyle both wear the same number 22.

Anyone know why they picked that number

Don't know about Dan Boyle, but judging by the HBO series I reckon Brian picked it as that's the number of brothers and sisters he has... :p

Seriously though, I've no idea. Just a coincidence I'm sure.

• Advertisement

Brain does alot of brothers and sisters. I would say that's way he picked the number. It's a good reason to pick it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,364 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Leafs beat Edmonton 6-3 tonight, they are looking very good for 8th in the East now, maybe more...

Can't see them catching Boston, but they certainly look good for the playoffs for the first time in 8 years. With the Lupul-Grabovski-Kessel line already having 145 points between them it'd be a shame if they didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Watched my first game in ages and whaddya know? Mardy comes up with a SO and Devils beat the Rangers! Was a good enough game despite the scoreline!

Bruins@Sabres on Setanta now. Sabres ahead in the first, Bruins had a good goal wiped off unfairly. Two fights already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Watched my first game in ages and whaddya know? Mardy comes up with a SO and Devils beat the Rangers! Was a good enough game despite the scoreline!

Did you catch the mad start to the game? Puck went down and the gloves came off straight away for a fight!

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports/nhl/nhl-video-here-tuesdays-massive-embarrassing-devils-vs-rangers-fight

just thought the fact that Scott Gomez scored a goal deserved a post!

It sure does!!
    Pacioretty's hat-trick had some lovely goals too.

See you back here this time next year for more of the same? :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Great match between the wild and blur jackets, the blue jackets have got 2 P.P in the first period and havent scored.
    The wild lead 1-0, have a big bet on them at 2.04 on Betfair also backed them -1.5 at 2.88.

Advertisement