Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL: 2011-2012 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

2-1 to CBJ unreal when the wild should be ahead a few goals:mad:

What a Joke, the wild were all over them and yet the blue Jackets win 3-1, unreal last time i bet on a hockey match for a long long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

What a Joke, the wild were all over them and yet the blue Jackets win 3-1, unreal last time i bet on a hockey match for a long long time.

Didn't see the game but looks like some stellar goaltending from Steve Mason.

just thought the fact that Scott Gomez scored a goal deserved a post!

Managed to catch the Habs game in work this morning, pretty impressive stuff. If they beat Carolina tomorrow it's their best win streak of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Managed to catch the Habs game in work this morning, pretty impressive stuff. If they beat Carolina tomorrow it's their best win streak of the season.

Fingers crossed! It was a great game last night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭cena

what sort of job lets you watch hockey while working.

Also I was in elverys today returning somthing and I said to the manager petty they don't sell hockey jerseys and he yold me he could see if he could some in if I ever wanted one.

Be great if they could.

cena wrote: »
    what sort of job lets you watch hockey while working.

I work with sports ;)
    Also I was in elverys today returning somthing and I said to the manager petty they don't sell hockey jerseys and he yold me he could see if he could some in if I ever wanted one.

Be great if they could.

Would still probably be cheaper to order online, don't think I've ever seen NHL jerseys for sale in a sports shop in Ireland.

The Red Wings won their 20th straight home game last night, one more and it's the biggest home streak in NHL history.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭cena

I work with sports ;)

What sort of sport do you work in.

Would still probably be cheaper to order online, don't think I've ever seen NHL jerseys for sale in a sports shop in Ireland.

They use to sell Nhl jerseys in sports shop here. It was before elverys took over. Got myself all the jerseys they had at the time. Think it was two or three they had at the time.

What sort of sport do you work in.

All sports. I work with a bookmaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Next game is massive for the Rangers. Win against the Bruins and we will have a nice cushion. Blackhawks at home after that.

• Advertisement

just thought the fact that Scott Gomez scored a goal deserved a post!

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7575656/scott-gomez-montreal-canadiens-assistant-get-shouting-match-practice

Funny how this happened so soon after he scored the goal.
    COYW wrote: »
    Next game is massive for the Rangers. Win against the Bruins and we will have a nice cushion. Blackhawks at home after that.

Going well so far!

Going well so far!

Super win last night and a SO which is great for you, iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Calgary 6-2-2 in the last 10 :D

They have gone from a 18% chance of making the playoffs to 46% :D:D

Source: http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html

Super win last night and a SO which is great for you, iirc.

Sure is. Lundqvist is an absolute boss, sure thing for the Vezina at this stage. Not regretting taking him as my first draft pick.

4th in Wins (less games played than those ahead of him)
    1st in GAA for goaltenders with over 30 games or more played
    1st in Shutouts
    1st in Save %

He's really being helped by the likes of Girardi, Del Zotto and especially McDonagh this season, they're putting their bodies on the line like no other team. I reckon the Rangers must block more shots than any other team I've seen this year. Pure dedication to the cause and that's why they're cruising in the East.

Edit - McDonagh and Girardi are both in the top 5 for shots blocked in the NHL. Maybe that should be a category in the Fantasy league next year?
    krissovo wrote: »
    Calgary 6-2-2 in the last 10 :D

They have gone from a 18% chance of making the playoffs to 46% :D:D

Source: http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html

Nice website!

Edit - McDonagh and Girardi are both in the top 5 for shots blocked in the NHL. Maybe that should be a category in the Fantasy league next year?

Think that is a great idea. A blocked shot can be the difference between winning and losing a game. The PIMs category still bugs the hell out of me. Fail to see the logic in it.

Think that is a great idea. A blocked shot can be the difference between winning and losing a game. The PIMs category still bugs the hell out of me. Fail to see the logic in it.

I feel the same about the +/- category. I understand the reasoning behind it etc but it's nearly impossible to control.

With PIM's it is about getting a fine balance between a player who can produce the goods but pick up penalties along the way (i.e. - Milan Lucic, Corey Perry, Scotty Hartnell). It's rare enough to get a player who scores points and picks up penalties but they're all the more valuable when you find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Jeez lads where did this come from?! Montreal trading blows with the Bruins, just raising their game for the rivalry or what? 3-3 with about 1:30 left in the last

Chicago (eight defeats in last ten games) on the road against the Rangers (eight wins in last ten games). Everything pointing to a Rangers victory...

4-0 Blackhawks after 10 minutes of the first period! Time for Lundqvist me thinks.

Chicago (eight defeats in last ten games) on the road against the Rangers (eight wins in last ten games). Everything pointing to a Rangers victory...

4-0 Blackhawks after 10 minutes of the first period! Time for Lundqvist me thinks.

Was on the Rangers forum last night and people were not happy that Biron was starting. To be fair, everyone needs a rest and with the win over Boston, which was massive, I think Torts was right to rest him last night. Nobody would have predicted that scorline given the form of the Blackhawks. Even with Biron in, I expected a win.

Was on the Rangers forum last night and people were not happy that Biron was starting. To be fair, everyone needs a rest and with the win over Boston, which was massive, I think Torts was right to rest him last night. Nobody would have predicted that scorline given the form of the Blackhawks. Even with Biron in, I expected a win.

I'm more surprised they left Biron in after that start. But fair play to Tortorella, he showed massive faith in Biron and rightly so as he has been a great backup this season.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/rangers_coach_never_thought_of_pulling_oo3RxNLv9HRTWBWeDh4YFO

• Advertisement

I'm more surprised they left Biron in after that start. But fair play to Tortorella, he showed massive faith in Biron and rightly so as he has been a great backup this season.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/rangers_coach_never_thought_of_pulling_oo3RxNLv9HRTWBWeDh4YFO

Shocked to see rumours of a Nash trade for Dubinsky (and more) coming through. As fantastic as Nash would be, Dubinsky is a Ranger through and through and only signed a new contract at the end of last season. Can't imagine what a trade at this stage of the season would do to the dressing room.

In other news, HNIC is just about to kick off on Setanta Ireland with the Leafs-Canucks, followed on Setanta 1 by the Flames-Kings.

hockey_night_in_canada_hd.jpg

Really fancy Ottawa to beat Washington tonight.

Really fancy Ottawa to beat Washington tonight.

I'd agree with that on recent form alright, Washington are the kind of team who can turn their form around very quickly though.

If you're looking for a 2-month bet, Florida to win the Southeast Division is 5/2 on Bet365 even though they're top and in far better form than the Caps. Even the Jets at 9/2 looks good value.

Ovechkin out tonight. Bet is on Ottawa -1 on the Puck Line at 2.2.

Ottawa 1-0, put big bet on them at 2.24 on Betfair.

2-0 Ottawa, finally a hockey bet going my way:rolleyes:

2-0 Ottawa, finally a hockey bet going my way:rolleyes:

BEAUTIFUL second goal. What a move.

Switched off after the third goal, potentially classic game between the Bruins and Blues underway. 2-1 Bruins after about 10mins.

3-0 Ottawa:cool:

• Advertisement

3-0 Ottawa:cool:

Four... :D

Seriously, once the market is back up get all over the Panthers for the Southeast.

Advertisement