Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL: 2011-2012 Season Thread

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Rangers are level after going behind. Brian Boyle with a rare goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Rangers are level after going behind. Brian Boyle with a rare goal.

Good man boyle. Only saying that cause i'm a boyle too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

it looks like montreal are playing for the draft lottery!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Great win for the Sabres last night.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Montreal have sacked GM Pierre Gauthier. About time too!

• Advertisement

Tortorella letting his feelings be known on Brooks Orpiks knee-on-knee hit on Derek Stepan last night, he has a point too. Can expect Orpik to miss some playoff time after that.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=170398

Will be interesting if the Pens face the Rangers at any point in the playoffs now.

Also, I'm going to start a new thread for the playoffs, things tend to be pick up on this forum around this time of year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

i wouldn't lose hope on rangers just yet.. take an example from the now floundering habs.. a couple of seasons ago they downed both the pengs and the caps.. and nobody would've predicted that outcome.. to use a cliche, the post season is a whole different ball game to the regular season.. it will be a gripping one this year no doubt.. some tasty match-ups lining up, in the east in particular

I've money on the Rangers from a few months back, not losing any hope just yet. Any team with a goaltender of Lundqvist's ability will be in with a shout.

Do many people from here/Uk buy NHL jerseys on ebay?
    I've a brand new Reebok Small Jersey that I'll never wear as it doesn't fit and was thinking of listing it.
    It was bought in Vancouver so I cant return it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

eire1 wrote: »
    Do many people from here/Uk buy NHL jerseys on ebay?
    I've a brand new Reebok Small Jersey that I'll never wear as it doesn't fit and was thinking of listing it.
    It was bought in Vancouver so I cant return it.

Too many fakes I find. I picked mine up over there as the the NHL website's shipping costs are extortionate.

Art Ross trophy - Evgeni Malkin (109 points - second time winner, first player to win by a double-digit margin since 1998/1999 despite missing 7 games)
    Maurice Richard trophy - Steven Stamkos (60 goals - second time winner, highest total since Ovechkin in 2007/2008)
    William Jennings trophy - Brian Elliott / Jaroslav Halak (165 goals against, both are first time winners, lowest goals against since Brodeur in 2003/2004)

Top 10 Goals in the Eastern Conference

Top 10 Hits in the Eastern Conference

Top 10 Saves in the Eastern Conference

I see that the Oilers got no1 Draft pick again.

I see that the Oilers got no1 Draft pick again.

That's three years on the go now I think? You'd imagine that would lead to a pretty formidable team in a few years...

That's three years on the go now I think? You'd imagine that would lead to a pretty formidable team in a few years...

Yeah, only the 2nd time it's happened. Quebec were first from 89-91.
    You'd expect so alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Yeah, only the 2nd time it's happened. Quebec were first from 89-91.
    You'd expect so alright.

It's a start provided you are picking the right pieces. Quebec may have never(as Colorado)gotten it right had it not been for the Eric Lindros deal. Even then, it took a trade to acquire Patrick Roy to finally put them over the top.

It's a start provided you are picking the right pieces.

And provided the talent coming through is of a high standard. The Penguins team today is probably the luckiest team going, having top two picks for four straight years to get Fleury, Malkin, Staal and of course, the Sidney Crosby sweepstakes.

Edmonton should really be hoping for a point-per-game season from either Nugent-Hopkins or Hall next season. Don't know too much about Yakupov who seems to be heavily touted for the first draft spot, but apparently the Oilers are rumoured to be willing to trade the pick. Might not be a bad move to get an established D-man.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Hey guys haven't been here in awhile, congrats to all Kings and Devils fans I'm sure yer all chuffed..

I have a question anyone know anywhere showing the final games in Dublin? I checked the woolshed and as of yet I can't see any scheduled games being shown :(

any help thanks :)

Stinjy wrote: »
    Hey guys haven't been here in awhile, congrats to all Kings and Devils fans I'm sure yer all chuffed..

I have a question anyone know anywhere showing the final games in Dublin? I checked the woolshed and as of yet I can't see any scheduled games being shown :(

any help thanks :)

All the games start at 8pm Eastern Time in the US, which is 1am Irish time. Probably too late to catch any of the games in pubs over here, given that they will go on until 3.30am at least.

• Advertisement
Advertisement