Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL: 2011-2012 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

what a game get the hotdogs out 4-4 vancouver :D

2nd pp of the period for the cannucks, come on:mad:

Waste of time could not do it./

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Last nights game appears to be a bit of a classic, I am glad I have a tenner on the Flyers as they are looking like a team who will dominate this season and already 3 & 3 plus on the road against some strong teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

krissovo wrote: »
    Last nights game appears to be a bit of a classic, I am glad I have a tenner on the Flyers as they are looking like a team who will dominate this season and already 3 & 3 plus on the road against some strong teams.

The off-season trades threw a lot of people off them, but the core of their team means they can definitely be big contenders again this year. Giroux is an absolute animal, love how he plays. He could very well get close to 100 points this year. Bryzgalov should be a 40+ win goaltender this year too. Jagr and Briere aren't really firing yet, so the thoughts of how good they'll be once they are up and running is a bit scary.

Looking forward to the first Pens-Flyers game this season, December 8th.

• Advertisement

Los Angeles at New Jersey 7:00 PM
    Tampa Bay at NY Islanders 7:00 PM
    Washington at Pittsburgh 7:00 PM
    Calgary at Montreal 7:30 PM
    Colorado at Ottawa 7:30 PM
    Vancouver at Detroit 8:00 PM
    Phoenix at Nashville 8:00 PM
    Edmonton at Minnesota 8:00 PM
    Winnipeg at Chicago 8:30 PM
    St. Louis at Dallas 8:30 PM

All are ET, add 5 hours for Irish time.

Looking forward to the latest installment of the Pens-Caps rivalry. Anyone else watching it tonight?

Arrom Asham is coming in for a lot of negative press today after his fight against Jay Beagle last night. I have to say that "celebrating" after a fight is a pretty awful thing to do, when your opponent is flat out on the ice. But the fight was warranted and there was nothing wrong with Asham coming to Letang's defence.

Thoughts?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/11792/capitals-penguins-clash-marred-by-fight

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Certainly wouldn't mind having him in my Fantasy team if he keeps this up.

Allowed 4 off 21 shots last night against the Flames... think I'll stick with what I've got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

Habs can't seem to catch a break these last few seasons when it comes to injuries... it was a mistake to let Roman Hamrlik go, especially with the defense lineup so depleted and Markov still being a doubt.. fingers crossed that we can plug the holes before too long!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Good man Gerbe :)

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Good man Gerbe :)

Just about :p

Pens started well though.

• Advertisement

Bah!

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Bah!

Tactical slip by Vanek to set up the goal there!

Game on

Loving James Neals start to the season!

Vanek, you're killing me dude...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

i dont think asham didn much wrong, he defended a team mate, they really cant afford for letang to be hurt.

Beagle acted the hard man and got KTFO

Citizens Of Winnipeg Realize They Hate Hockey Now
    WINNIPEG—After hosting the first game of the newly relocated Winnipeg Jets last week, Winnipeg residents realized they have actually lost all interest in hockey in the 15 years since they last had an NHL team and in fact now despise the sport. “It was nice of them to think of us when they were moving the team, but when we look back on all those years we watched this dumb sport, it’s just embarrassing,” said local man Bobby Dolan, cringing at the sight of a Jets logo. “I checked out about half a period before I realized how much better my life has been without hockey.” As of press time, the Winnipeg-based investors who bought the team had left the deed to their arena and all of their 23 players with a sleeping homeless man curled up on a sidewalk.

Not often they get around to hockey, but I do love The Onion. :P

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Citizens Of Winnipeg Realize They Hate Hockey Now

Nice of ye to give them the W :P

My Sabres are taking on Shanannigan's Habs tonight, should be a good one.
    Enroth to start I think, and Habs still without Cammi and Spacek.

Habs still without Cammi and Spacek.

And the rest!

Pens really need Sid or Malkin back, preferably both.

Letang got a pretty ridiculous two-game suspension for this last night on Alex Burmistrov:

Toronto are a dead cert to beat Winnipeg tonight at 10/11.

• Advertisement

Toronto are a dead cert to beat Winnipeg tonight at 10/11.

Why do you think that? They're not the hottest team around but the Jets beat the Penguins the other night. 10/11 is pretty short odds for an NHL game, you very rarely see teams that side of evens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

Nice of ye to give them the W :P

My Sabres are taking on Shanannigan's Habs tonight, should be a good one.
    Enroth to start I think, and Habs still without Cammi and Spacek.

Habs are having a disastrous start to the season.. though I'm living in denial in my NHL '12 season mode..
    any heads out there in EA sports land?

10/11 is pretty short odds for an NHL game, you very rarely see teams that side of evens.

You see them all the time, often see teams at 1/2 on the 60 minute line.

You see them all the time, often see teams at 1/2 on the 60 minute line.

The last two nights of full(ish) programmes have only had 2 or 3 teams at odds-on in the 60 minute line market.

The last two nights of full(ish) programmes have only had 2 or 3 teams at odds-on in the 60 minute line market.

Yeah i know, but you said it was not usual to see this, over a given week you would see a whole lot of odds on.
    Anyway do ya bet on the games yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Habs are having a disastrous start to the season.. though I'm living in denial in my NHL '12 season mode..
    any heads out there in EA sports land?

I picked it up on Monday, in mine the flames are 15-6-2 :D

I am stuck on pro mode, its very cool. Krissovo the rookie center is looking good for a first round draft pick;)

Yeah i know, but you said it was not usual to see this, over a given week you would see a whole lot of odds on.
    Anyway do ya bet on the games yourself?

I work for a bookies, so I'm trying to get some sort of a system together at the moment. No luck as yet though :)

As for NHL12, I've got it but only play the HUT at the moment. Played NHL11 to death.

I work for a bookies, so I'm trying to get some sort of a system together at the moment. No luck as yet though :)

Do you get a lot of interest from punters, most bookies where i would bet on Hockey look at me like i have 4 heads when i ask for odds or they look at my bet and are confused.

Do you get a lot of interest from punters, most bookies where i would bet on Hockey look at me like i have 4 heads when i ask for odds or they look at my bet and are confused.

Not a whole lot, no, but I'm not working in a shop or taking bets so it's not easy to judge. But overall it's a fairly minority sport as you'd expect.

• Advertisement

But overall it's a fairly minority sport as you'd expect.

There the best sports to get good value on.

Advertisement