Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL: 2011-2012 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Absolute classic in Philly. 6-6 with most of the third left!

Edit:// 7-6 Flyers. Briere has 2 goals and 2 assists in the last 20 minutes, on the first game I drop him from my fantasy team. GRRR.

Edit:// 7-7!!! Four goals in just over two minutes!

Edit:// 8-7 WPG, Five goals in three minutes! Flyers led for a whopping 28 seconds.

Woah. An incredible 9-8 win for Winnipeg. 28 players had points in this game.

Managed to catch the end of the Penguins game also, a shootout win against Rick di Pietro (remember him?) who was brought in for the shootout alone.

Great night of hockey.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

Don't you just hate not having any players from either team in your fantasy :-) well unless you have the goalies and then you do hate it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Izy wrote: »
    Don't you just hate not having any players from either team in your fantasy :-) well unless you have the goalies and then you do hate it :D

I have one of them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

First post of the forum, hi! :pac: Loving the complete goalie dominance (Lets put the Flyers' game aside!) Really got into the SC play-off's last year. So yeah, watching Blackhawks v Hucs. 1-0 at the moment with almost two gone. Cam Ward having a great game, 18 saves so far. Corey Crawford made a sick glove save earlier though, love watching this :pac:

Penalty shot for Eric Staal! Bad call by the ref aaaaaand, the setanta connection ****s up! :( Crawford saved anywho but the connection comes back just after all the replay's finish!

• Advertisement

First post of the forum, hi! :pac: Loving the complete goalie dominance (Lets put the Flyers' game aside!) Really got into the SC play-off's last year. So yeah, watching Blackhawks v Hucs. 1-0 at the moment with almost two gone. Cam Ward having a great game, 18 saves so far. Corey Crawford made a sick glove save earlier though, love watching this :pac:

Penalty shot for Eric Staal! Bad call by the ref aaaaaand, the setanta connection ****s up! :( Crawford saved anywho but the connection comes back just after all the replay's finish!

Welcome to the forum! Do you support any team in particular?

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum! Do you support any team in particular?

Oh yeah forgot to mention, Go Devils! I've one rubbish and one good reason for supporting em. Rubbish one is I used have a demo of Actua Hockey in which I used always play as the 'New Jersey Angels'; the good reason.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

i can feel the tide beginning to turn a little for us.. still a bit messy in defense.. but encouraging all the same

The next week is probably the best week of the season for hockey fans this side of the water (or at least those who have 9-5 jobs). After the daylight savings time adjustment yesterday, we have an entire week of games that start an hour earlier than planned, beginning with the Ducks and Blue Jackets tonight at 10.30pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Watched the Ducks lose out to the Cap's in overtime last night :D

Looking forward to the Flyer's v Sabre's game later.

Game center + Ipad = :eek: no sleep & no life

• Advertisement

krissovo wrote: »
    Watched the Ducks lose out to the Cap's in overtime last night :D

Looking forward to the Flyer's v Sabre's game later.

Game center + Ipad = :eek: no sleep & no life

Quickly switching the iPad between Ducks-Caps, Wild-Red Wings, Canucks-Flames all at once, whilst having the laptop open with the Fantasy Stattracker beside you... brilliant!

ryan miller had a shocker tonight

12 goals allowed on his last 95 shots. Not on good form, but it'll be Miller time again soon no doubt.

Great game tonight, really enjoyed it. Pity the Sabres couldn't complete the comeback though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

So jealous of my two cousins in Ny. They have gone too the rangers game and they are getting too see the ducks play. My dream come true

12 goals allowed on his last 95 shots. Not on good form, but it'll be Miller time again soon no doubt.

Great game tonight, really enjoyed it. Pity the Sabres couldn't complete the comeback though.

the sooner the better for my fantasy hockey stats

Anyone watching Boston tonight? Great 1st period, 3-2 Bruins. Superb goal from Michael Grabner the highlight of the period.

Has allowed 2 goals on 3 shots already tonight... :eek:

Has allowed 2 goals on 3 shots already tonight... :eek:

Removed after allowing 3 on 22 shots in 2 periods tonight. Enroth has done worse, 3 allowed on 10 shots. Bruins are going to town on them.

Izy wrote: »
    crosby wont play this side of christmas

Looks like you may be wrong about that Izy! Crosby to return on Monday against the Islanders.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2011/11/20/sp-nhl-penguins-crosby.html

Just incredible. What a goal. What a comeback. 90 seconds it took him, and what a goal it was!

• Advertisement

indeed.. to borrow NHL's facebook status: that didn't take long at all... its hard to grasp just how much that goal means both to him, and to the team that have had to battle on without him for the last year or so...

I got serious goosebumps. The celebration for his goal was eerily reminiscent of the Olympics goal and the Winter Classic winner. And it really was as big a goal as those in many ways. To follow it up with two assists (he had two assists denied by the pipes also) is a phenomenal return to form.

I can't believe that he's been away 320 days...

2 goals, 2 assists, 8 shots, shutout win. And some of the plays he made were incredible. Oh how he was missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

2 goals, 2 assists, 8 shots, shutout win. And some of the plays he made were incredible. Oh how he was missed.
    I take it you are happy Crosby is back :)

I didnt realise he was out for so long. I must check out the highlights later...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Frankie4fingers

Any tips on tonights games guys?

Any tips on tonights games guys?

Bruins are on a roll, Penguins have Crosby back but may be under-priced as a result, Capitals should have enough to beat the Jets, New Jersey and Detroit should be good bets for home wins.

But ice hockey is never straightforward... :P

Bruins are on a roll, Penguins have Crosby back but may be under-priced as a result, Capitals should have enough to beat the Jets, New Jersey and Detroit should be good bets for home wins.

But ice hockey is never straightforward... :P

4 outta 5 ain't bad. And I was right about the Penguins being underpriced. :p

Something satisfying in winning in a S/O. Need to start picking up the form though

First night in nearly 7 weeks with no NHL teams in action... What to do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

First night in nearly 7 weeks with no NHL teams in action... What to do?
    Is that normal for hockey on thanksgiving? I wouldn't have thought they cared in Canada and had a hockey night anyway...

Advertisement