Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL: 2011-2012 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Big night for the Devils tonight:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=606727&print=true

Also, a return to Winnipeg for Selanne tomorrow.

Bruins @ Flyers just about to start. Going to put a bet on each game tonight (all on the money line) and see how I get on with it. First one is on the Flyers.

Edit: lol... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

Habs give Martin the boot! http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_newsindex.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

I'm not too shocked to see Martin go. Wow Boston just destroyed the Flyers!

That really was a demolition against a team 9-1-0 in their last 10. I know Pronger and Giroux are out, but still...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

I only found this thread now!?! anyway can I ask where do you guys watch hockey, Canucks fan myself and would love to watch more than just the highlights of their games... :)

Stinjy wrote: »
    I only found this thread now!?! anyway can I ask where do you guys watch hockey, Canucks fan myself and would love to watch more than just the highlights of their games... :)

It is live on Setanta most nights. Or if you want to splash the cash you can get the NHL Gamecenter package, well worth it if you watch lots of hockey.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=142984&cmpid=nhl-rxl-fb

For anyone who hasn't seen it, episode 1 of this years HBO 24/7 on the Winter Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=142984&cmpid=nhl-rxl-fb

For anyone who hasn't seen it, episode 1 of this years HBO 24/7 on the Winter Classic.

Was just gonna say something on it. Watching it on youtube on the xbox, they know how to make sports documenteries! :pac:

Have an awful lot riding on the Bruins tonight. Have 4 skaters in my fantasy team, a starting goaltender, and a little bet for good measure. Not often I'll shout for them but...

Go Bruins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Go Bruins!
    Traitor :P Just want to record this for later in the season :)

It certainly worked! What sort of team has a 4th line centre who can get 2 goals, 2 assists, and a +4 rating? Serious team this year, even more so than last year.

EDIT: Marchand tonight - 3 goals, 2 assists, +5, shorthanded goal, 3 shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

It certainly worked! What sort of team has a 4th line centre who can get 2 goals, 2 assists, and a +4 rating? Serious team this year, even more so than last year.

EDIT: Marchand tonight - 3 goals, 2 assists, +5, shorthanded goal, 3 shots.
    As long as he fills his boots tonight I'm good :)

Another S/O win for the Devils! :pac: Made tough work of it though! Elias became the all-time leading Devs goal scorer, absolute Devils legend :D

Montreal-Ottawa on Setanta tonight. I'll be watching out of the corner of my eye, whilst hopefully also watching Pittsburgh rack up a few goals against a pretty awful Carolina team.

And for anyone with an interest in the weird and wonderful side of the sport, Cam Ward was credited with a goal last night after Kovalchuk put a pass the length of the rink into his own net :D That contract gets more ridiculous every week.

Cool, I'll definitely watching that tonight. The Habs desperately need a win, we'll be lucky to even reach the Playoffs.

at last a win... here's hoping its the start of a revival.. though it's hard to tell when it comes against ottawa

at last a win

chickens_hatch.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Silver Clown

I kinda feel bad for Habs fans. They've been a mess this season and I'm not entirely sure they'll find a suitable coach considering the angry reaction from the French media at an Anglo speaking interim coach being hired after Martin was shown the door. I think it's insane how they'd rather a French speaking coach over a competent coach in Montreal. Still though it was a good performance from them tonight.

Was watching the Flyers get another pasting at the hands of the Lightning last night. Saw the second period of Jets v Avalanche as well. Flyers tried to target Tampa Bay's defencemen last night and it blew up completely in their face!

• Advertisement

I kinda feel bad for Habs fans. They've been a mess this season and I'm not entirely sure they'll find a suitable coach considering the angry reaction from the French media at an Anglo speaking interim coach being hired after Martin was shown the door. I think it's insane how they'd rather a French speaking coach over a competent coach in Montreal. Still though it was a good performance from them tonight.

I know, great win for us tonight though. I'll admit I was a bit nervy though once Ottawa scored so early.

Was watching the Flyers get another pasting at the hands of the Lightning last night. Saw the second period of Jets v Avalanche as well. Flyers tried to target Tampa Bay's defencemen last night and it blew up completely in their face!

Will hopefully get a few minutes in the next 24/7. I'm really getting into this years one.

Will hopefully get a few minutes in the next 24/7. I'm really getting into this years one.

It's really excellent! That clip just after the piece about the boy with Cerebal Palsy where they score the last millisecond goal against Phoenix and Aviici's Levels comes on when they're all celebrating always makes me smile :P. They really know how to make sports documentaries like!

it seems that just as they're about to change the current format of the league for next season, this one is producing a very exciting final season of it.. jets are the big surprise for me tbh.. wasn't sure what to expect of them in their first season, even though they're not all rookies in the squad.. it seems the new home of the former thrashers has given them plenty of momentum.

it seems that just as they're about to change the current format of the league for next season, this one is producing a very exciting final season of it.. jets are the big surprise for me tbh.. wasn't sure what to expect of them in their first season, even though they're not all rookies in the squad.. it seems the new home of the former thrashers has given them plenty of momentum.

Amazing how much a good home support can lift an average team. They're 0.666 at home, and have won 9 of their last 12. Their away form is pretty dire though.

I don't think any other team has such a wide gap between their home and away form in the league this year.

We all ready? :D

Class game! Really great finish, and love seeing the King deny Briere in the final minute, wonder what the outcome would've been if it was Giroux? Devils now against Senators :D

Class game! Really great finish, and love seeing the King deny Briere in the final minute, wonder what the outcome would've been if it was Giroux? Devils now against Senators :D

Enjoyed watching it in town tonight, and made a few quid on the Rangers to cover the expenses :D.

Really came to life in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Gotta love Mike Rupp!

Enjoyed watching it in town tonight, and made a few quid on the Rangers to cover the expenses :D.

Really came to life in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Gotta love Mike Rupp!

Some man with the salute! Serious noise from the crowd as well! Giroux was seriously quiet, think Jagr is just as important to him as he is to Jags. Can't find episode 3 of 24/7 at all around the place :confused:

• Advertisement

Current NHL Concussions:
    • Marc Savard (Boston)
    • Joni Pitkanen (Carolina)
    • Jeff Skinner (Carolina)
    • Marcus Kruger (Chicago)
    • Peter Mueller (Colorado)
    • Radek Martinek (Columbus)
    • Phillip Larsen (Dallas)
    • Alex Plante (Edmonton)
    • Marcel Goc (Florida)
    • Simon Gagne (Los Angeles)
    • Guillaume Latendresse (Minnesota)
    • Shea Weber (Nashville)
    • David Ullstrom (NY Islanders)
    • Al Montoya (NY Islanders)
    • Michael Sauer (NY Rangers)
    • Jesse Winchester (Ottawa)
    • Ian Laperriere (Philadelphia)
    • Chris Pronger (Philadelphia)
    • Kurt Sauer (Phoenix)
    • Nick Peterson (Pittsburgh)
    • Kris Letang (Pittsburgh)
    • Sidney Crosby (Pittsburgh)
    • Robert Bortuzzo (Pittsburgh)
    • Andy McDonald (St. Louis)
    • Alexander Steen (St. Louis)
    • Victor Hedman (Tampa Bay)
    • Colby Armstrong (Toronto)
    • John-Michael Liles (Toronto)

Also, the Winter Classic has been confirmed as the 5th most watched regular season NHL game since 1975.

Advertisement