Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL: 2011-2012 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

cena wrote: »
    Anyone fancy copying that hbo thing on a DVD for me. Well pay for postage.

PM sent. Great game mid-way through the 3rd in Ottawa tonight. Flyers 4 Sens 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Thanks. Sent a pm back. Just a question

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

great matchup between wings and hawks tonight..

great matchup between wings and hawks tonight..

And Datsyuk wins it in OT. Good game alright.

brilliant goal from behind the red line!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

and Canucks have it in the SO, man that was close!

"...On Thursday, he was pulled after the second period of the game between Montreal and Boston and sent back to his hotel room, having just been traded to the Calgary Flames."

Madness! I guess that completely validates the points he got into trouble for making the previous day. Habs are in a terrible situation right now, their home form is awful.

yup... he's had a tough season... and he hasn't been the same since that leg slice earlier in the season.. i didn't think he deserved to be dealt though.. and midway through a game? that was a bit ****!
    not sure what to expect from bourque... but reading what his team mates have to say about him, sounds like he'll be a good addition to the habs... time will tell..

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    "...On Thursday, he was pulled after the second period of the game between Montreal and Boston and sent back to his hotel room, having just been traded to the Calgary Flames."

Madness! I guess that completely validates the points he got into trouble for making the previous day. Habs are in a terrible situation right now, their home form is awful.

It's just mental stuff, I wondered where he had gone for the third period. There's rumours online that another player has asked for a trade. We're just getting worse, it's a shambles.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7459001/nhl-eyes-maple-leafs-red-wings-winter-classic-big-house-second-rink-detroit
    The NHL has all but finalized details to hold next year's Winter Classic between the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, while continuing negotiations for a second outdoor rink in downtown Detroit where all ancillary events would be held, a source told ESPN.com Friday.

The league would like to have the matter settled by the All-Star break in late January, according to the source.

That would be brilliant. I'm definitely going to look into going. 110,000 people at a hockey match...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7459001/nhl-eyes-maple-leafs-red-wings-winter-classic-big-house-second-rink-detroit

That would be brilliant. I'm definitely going to look into going. 110,000 people at a hockey match...
    Should be set up something like this then...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:TheBigChillattheBigHouse.JPG

The Big Chill at the Big House took place in 2010 between Michigan and Michigan State.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Chill_at_the_Big_House

Looks so good, would love to experience a hockey match with that sort of crowd. There were "only" 71,000 or so at the Buffalo-Penguins one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Wings and Hawks on nice and early today - 17:30 on Setanta - could be a good one.
    Two games at 8 as well which is nice.

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Wings and Hawks on nice and early today - 17:30 on Setanta - could be a good one.
    Two games at 8 as well which is nice.

Seems to be the way they're going now alright, Saturdays are good hockey days.

Reckon the Wings should have enough to win this.

MJS wrote:
    Reckon the Wings should have enough to win this.

So do I but that didn't stop me putting a fiver on the Hawks for the added excitement :D

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    So do I but that didn't stop me putting a fiver on the Hawks for the added excitement :D

My money is on the Wings :)

Sabres are really sucking right now.
    Gave the puck away on at least 4 occasions in front of our own net and just show a general sloppiness...

What bookies are you using? Paddy Power?
    It the Lighting win tonight and the Habs lose we'll be 15th in the East. Somehow I don't see us even scoring against the Rangers

I stand corrected. Pacioretty just scored. Come on Habs!!

eire1 wrote: »
    What bookies are you using? Paddy Power?
    It the Lighting win tonight and the Habs lose we'll be 15th in the East. Somehow I don't see us even scoring against the Rangers

I use Betfair. The Rangers were 1.78 tonight, very good value imo.

• Advertisement

Or not, Habs are pretty impressive tonight.

Habs were very impressive last night!

i think the change has done them good... i'm feeling somewhat optimistic about the next few games.. gomez had a nice return game and bourque showed signs of what he's capable of... it's just a shame that gionta's not around to bolster the team, but from the Rangers game it sounds like they're not doing so bad without him..

11 games tonight, some nice matchups too. Sens@Leafs is on Setanta shortly.

16 Maple Leafs (22-17-5) Senators (25-16-6) Tue Jan 17, 7:00 pm
    16 Devils (25-17-2) Jets (21-19-5) Tue Jan 17, 7:00 pm
    16 Flyers (26-13-4) Wild (22-16-7) Tue Jan 17, 7:00 pm
    16 Penguins (23-17-4) Hurricanes (16-24-7) Tue Jan 17, 7:00 pm
    16 Capitals (24-17-2) Islanders (16-21-6) Tue Jan 17, 7:00 pm
    16 Blue Jackets (12-27-5) Oilers (17-23-4) Tue Jan 17, 7:00 pm
    16 Rangers (28-11-4) Predators (26-15-4) Tue Jan 17, 7:30 pm
    16 Lightning (17-23-4) Bruins (29-12-1) Tue Jan 17, 7:30 pm
    16 Stars (24-19-1) Red Wings (29-15-1) Tue Jan 17, 8:30 pm
    16 Canucks (28-15-3) Kings (22-15-9) Tue Jan 17, 10:00 pm
    16 Sharks (25-12-5) Flames (21-20-5) Tue Jan 17, 10:30 pm

Delighted to take a goal against in the Fantasy Hockey, that was a genius finish by Malkin!

business as usual for Les Habitants... with a limp effort from the powerplay unit (for want of a better word) and not much better from the even strength lines.. although somewhat encouraging to see Scott Gomez playing with more exuberance than before he was injured..

Yeah, the PP was just awful. I went up to bed once the 3rd goal went in. Terrible performance all round.

Montreal are a different team again tonight! Finally broke the PP drought. Not there yet but looking encouraging.

Pens lucky to get out of that with a win but still a good result considering they played in NYC last night. Two great individual grudge matches between Letang and Pacioretty and Orpik and Cole, though the Pens men came out worst on this occasion. Loved Letangs goal though.

• Advertisement

PK Subban up to his usual ****e giving away that second goal. They just came out all wrong in the 3rd period, knew the Pens would come back. We'll see if things change against the Leafs tonight.

Advertisement