Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options
  • 05-10-2011 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi, I have recently found a product that I would like to sell on amazon.
    My plan is:

1. place an ad for the item(s) on the amazon site.

2. someone buys the item(i receive payment).

3. I go to my suppliers website and send the product directly to my customers address.

This part is fine, however my problem is I only have a laser card and am out of Ireland at the moment, so don't plan on getting one any time soon.

I was wondering do any of ye guys no a site that will allow me to link up my amazon account and my suppliers so that I can pay them.?
    Ideally I would be able to deposit money to the account(website) from my AIB
    account and thus create a separate account I can use for my business transactions..
    Bear in mind I only have an AIB laser card.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

What you are describing is called drop shipping and is common in the US market, in particular for commoditized goods.

Since you have a laser you must have a bank ac. You could set up a direct debit with the supplier and have the money deposited into your GBP account, assuming your bank will give you one.

However that is the easy part. Providing a UK address for returns is just one of the headaches you will have to deal with. If the customer doesn't like the product or changes their mind about buying it after they receive it you are obliged to let them return it, however your supplier is not under the same requirements so will not take back the item.

Also I think it's unlikely that the supplier is going to be willing to let you in the middle here for a prolonged period. If the products shifts well on Amazon they would be likely to list it themselves and cut you out. You are giving them access to your customer details so the future marginal net value worth of the customer is somewhat lost / diminished.

To create a sustainable business you really have to add more value than the ability to list a product on Amazon. I'd suggest product re-positioning etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

The customer will propably look to see if they can get the item cheaper elsewhere cheaper and find the supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Trader1991

thatnks for reply..The thing is I don't really want to use my bank account for this..I would much rather use an independent account or online system such as paypal. However I only have a laser. Does anyone no is moneybrokers a good system and do they accept laser card?

Advertisement