Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on Rochestown Park gym?

Options
  • 05-10-2011 12:03am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello people.

I'm looking for a nice gym/pool in the Douglas area. Rochestown would be great as it's on the flat (as opposed to Maryborough/Grange areas), but the fees seem a bit mad. On their most recent brochure online it says, 'Valid until January 2010'. Does anyone know if they're still as high?
    I'm a student, but not under 24 so I'd have to get an adults membership, which would be €825 for the year. I've had gyms in the past in Dublin in which you would get free classes and a 25m pool for that. They only have a 20m. Anyone have any thought on the place in general? Is it worth the €€€?

Anyone got any other ideas for a nearby gym?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I was joined that gym a few years ago, did not find it good, lots of the treadmills etc were broken for a long period of time and were never fixed! I'm from the Douglas area and I've been joined NRG in town for the past three months, Rochestown isn't a patch on it! There's free classes as well which is fab! There is a gym in donnybrook, was passing the other week and they had a special offer but can't remember exactly what it was!
    Edited to add: Prices for Rochestown are still through the roof!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Hey,
    Firstly ya the prices for Rochestown are still crazy high! I priced them at a couple rate there a couple months back. I would have been willing to pay the price as its so close to home but I really didn't like it. The place is very old and looks so drab and dreary. Machines broken and on top of each other. Bizarrely the changing room and the gym aren't even on the same floor. We went in and asked for a weeks free trial..in fairness they gave it to us, but i just didn't like the feeling of it. It would be grand for an everyday gym but for the prices they are charging, it would seriously want to be updated!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Dont know if near enough but I use www.oakgroveleisure.ie
    Was with Rochestown for a year ages ago and hated the pool is all i really remember. Kidney shaped thing that you cant really swim in.

Advertisement