Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attendance

Options
  • 05-10-2011 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Does attending/not attending the lecture effect the mark they told us that its 10% from the final mark is that real or they just tell us that to attend the lectures ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Im not in DIT and dont know how it works there, but i know in WIT if the lecturer takes attendance its usually for there own sake, for when it comes to marking exams/assignments and someone is border line fail attendance will play a part in whether they try or not to pass them.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

If the lecturer says that attendance counts then it does... So it's best to attend lectures... And you'll most likely not fail if ya do too =]

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

A lecturer can award marks whatever way they want.

Some of them do give marks for attendance, some don't. I know one of mine did last year (or rather took marks away for non attendance - it was -2% for every lecture you missed :o ). Most of the others did take attendance, but it was purely for their own records.

They all said the same tho, if they are in the exam board, and you have 38%, and they see that you attended all your lectures, they will try really hard to pass you. But if you attended none, their attitude will be "well he didn't come to class, no wonder he failed".

Long story short, attend your lectures. If you do attend it's highly unlikely you'll fail. And if they lecturer said (s)he's awarding marks for attendance, they are.

Advertisement