Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB Upgrade

Options
  • 05-10-2011 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi Mark,

Wonder if you might have a look at my line please when you have time.
    I have been informed that I have received the NGB upgrade.

Please see my ping stats.
    I am wondering can you see if I my line can handle more bandwidth and what would be the max. Currently on 5mb package and she is doing very well.

I have been informed by another company that they can give me 8mb.
    However I have been with eircom for years and this broadband line only ever failed once in 3 years. So I am not moving any way. I had digital lines put in at extra cost in the past also.

Only if you time. I know I have been lucky and there are other peole here with bigger problems. Thanks in advance, if you can have a look.
    John,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Kimber wrote: »
    Hi Mark,

Wonder if you might have a look at my line please when you have time.
    I have been informed that I have received the NGB upgrade.

Please see my ping stats.
    I am wondering can you see if I my line can handle more bandwidth and what would be the max. Currently on 5mb package and she is doing very well.

I have been informed by another company that they can give me 8mb.
    However I have been with eircom for years and this broadband line only ever failed once in 3 years. So I am not moving any way. I had digital lines put in at extra cost in the past also.

Only if you time. I know I have been lucky and there are other peole here with bigger problems. Thanks in advance, if you can have a look.
    John,

Hi John
    No problem, Mark is not around at moment but I can test this for you if you PM me tel no.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Kimber

Tony,
    Great, really thanks a million for that. I appreciate that sincerely.
    PM sent.
    John,

• Registered Users Posts: 5 trevor100

Tony,could you please let us know why is it that eircom ngb is not rolled out all over the country, why do eircom continue to keep their customers in the dark and can someone please tell me why the phone staff are not taught basic manners, these problems seem to me like eircom are indeed a sinking ship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

trevor100 wrote: »
    Tony,could you please let us know why is it that eircom ngb is not rolled out all over the country, why do eircom continue to keep their customers in the dark and can someone please tell me why the phone staff are not taught basic manners, these problems seem to me like eircom are indeed a sinking ship.

Hi trevor100,

Thanks for your post on eircom's Forum on Boards.

To answer your first question, obviously eircom would love to see a faster roll out on Next Generation Broadband across the country. A comprehensive planned works is in place for NGB and eircom have already enabled or upgraded many exchanges nationwide over the past 18 months (approximately). As you can imagine this has taken much investment, both in time in testing by the engineers, investment overall; as well as logistical and stategic local county and nationwide planning.

Your second query follows on from this, in the sense that there will always be factors to consider when planning such a major rollout. Undoubtedly eircom are leading the way in attempting to bring this improved service to as many existing and new customers as possible. Essentially, this has been done at eircom's own behest and this has been received widely as a major improvement in the broadband infrastructure. The more support that eircom can receive for this roll out the more this will improve broadband overall, and hence it will help us deliver this service much faster across the country.

eircom's geographical online NGB coverage map outlines the most up to date information on the enabled as well as pending local exchanges. You can view this at www.ngb.ie .As already pointed to above, this is subject to planned works, and roll out times may vary depending on local and nationwide factors, as well as engineering, testing, etc.

If you have had a bad experience with an eircom Customer Care representative, I apologise and assure you that this is not the norm. If you wish to PM the details, I can investigate this incident for you. You can also contact eircom Customer Complaints directly on 1800 200 481 or 1901 - freefone.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PurpleTurf

I would like to know when eircom are updating the Skibbereen exchange in Cork to ngb?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

PurpleTurf wrote: »
    I would like to know when eircom are updating the Skibbereen exchange in Cork to ngb?

Hi PurpleTurf
    I do not have an exact date for this at moment. This exchange is still set to be migrated before end of year.
    As soon as I have a date for this I will post.
    Tony

could u tell me when is collooney county sligo getting ngb as it has already been promised for november 2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mary bridget

I am currently sitting waiting 25 mins on an emobile rep to answer the phone, this is a joke, how can this be justified. Surely if theres a rush in buying emobiles that eircom could of accounted for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

could u tell me when is collooney county sligo getting ngb as it has already been promised for november 2011.

Hi trevor100,

The Collooney exchange in Co Sligo was NGB enabled on the 28th October.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kiec Tigrc

Hello,
    Any word on the Skibbereen exchange yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Kiec Tigrc wrote: »
    Hello,
    Any word on the Skibbereen exchange yet?

Thanks Kiec Tigrc,

Plans are in place to upgrade the Skibereen exchange in the near future. We would hope this would be completed by April.

Please note all NGB upgrades are subject to planned works and may be liable to change /or may not be guaranteed.

Best regards,
    Ant

dear eircom,

could you please tell me when the castlefin, co. donegal exchange is due to be upgraded to ngb.

thanks.

dear eircom,

could you please tell me when the castlefin, co. donegal exchange is due to be upgraded to ngb.

thanks.

Hi trevor100,

We have received an updated Bitstream and NGB roll-out information on the 05/03/2012

We are hopeful that the Castlefin exchange in co. Donegal will be NGB enabled within the next 8 weeks. "This always may be subject to change" but that is the last time-frame we have been advised of.

Thanks, Mark

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

We have received an updated Bitstream and NGB roll-out information on the 05/03/2012

Are any of these exchanges on that updated list Mark??

Ballyforan
    Carrigallen
    Cloone (CLU)
    Kilrickle
    St. Johnston
    Annyalla
    Ballydesmond
    Knocknagree
    Knockraha
    Ballydesmond
    Ballyporeen
    Bruree
    Oldtown (OWN)
    Coon
    Calverstown

TIA

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Are any of these exchanges on that updated list Mark??

Ballyforan
    Carrigallen
    Cloone (CLU)
    Kilrickle
    St. Johnston
    Annyalla
    Ballydesmond
    Knocknagree
    Knockraha
    Ballydesmond
    Ballyporeen
    Bruree
    Oldtown (OWN)
    Coon
    Calverstown

TIA

Hi Sponge Bob

I checked all 15 exchanges that you listed. I am afraid that are not on the list of 946 current broadband enabled exchanges nation-wide.

Apologies, I do not have any indication as to if or when they might be.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

Mark - do you have a date for NGB in Clonakilty? Thanks.

Dermoth wrote: »
    Mark - do you have a date for NGB in Clonakilty? Thanks.

Hi Dermoth,

The Clonakilty exchange is on that same list, so we are hopeful that within the next 8 weeks. "This always may be subject to change" It will be NGB enabled.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks Mark.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Thanks Mark.

No problem.

Regards. Mark

No problem.
    Regards. Mark
    I just wanted to see if they had live dates, any exchange to be enabled from now on will go straight to NGB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ClonNGB

Hi Dermoth,

The Clonakilty exchange is on that same list, so we are hopeful that within the next 8 weeks. "This always may be subject to change" It will be NGB enabled.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Looking at the coverage map, Cloinakilty is now showing in yellow. Can you please confirm this good news ?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭lockup35

Hi Mark,
    I sent you a PM to check if my landline is enabled for NGB.

Thanks

lockup35 wrote: »
    Hi Mark,
    I sent you a PM to check if my landline is enabled for NGB.

Thanks

Hi lockup35,

I got the PM and responded.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Tony,
    It looks like there is an issue with the Eircom line checker on your website. It says NGB is available for my line but according to Mark my exchange is not NGB enabled...

The NGB map is showing incorrect data for at least one exchange that I know of.

Tralee and Youghal exchanges are NGB enabled yet are not updated on the map. You would think Eircom would have an interest in updating a map that might bring in potential customers..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Hi Mark,
    I just moved into a house in Dundrum and I see that I can get NGB. It says its €40.48 on the website excluding line rental. How much does it costs including line rental?

Thanks
    Dearg81

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Hi Mark,
    I just moved into a house in Dundrum and I see that I can get NGB. It says its €40.48 on the website excluding line rental. How much does it costs including line rental?

Thanks
    Dearg81

Hi Dearg81,

Can you private message me with your address so I can run check the broadband capability of the line and then I will outline the prices / bundles available in detail.

Thanks, Mark

Looks like eircoms NGB.ie site has gone the way of broadbandatoz.ie last summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ClonNGB

ClonNGB wrote: »
    Hi Mark,

Looking at the coverage map, Cloinakilty is now showing in yellow. Can you please confirm this good news ?

Any update on this Eircom ?

Advertisement