Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB Upgrade

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

ClonNGB wrote: »
    Any update on this Eircom ?

Hi ClonNGB,

I can confirm that yes the Clonakilty exchange in Cork, has been NGB enabled. There is an issue with the provisioning of NGB on our systems and has been escalated to eircom broadband networks.

I apologise for the further delay, given the long wait already. I will let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ClonNGB

Hi Mark,

I appreciate the update. Thank-you.

Fingers crossed it will be resolved soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Is the NGB.ie website coming back at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭lockup35

With a bit of luck, they're finally updating the map so it will be up to date..

Hi Guys,

Apologies for the delay in responding we escalated the NGB coverage map issue to our online team when the issue first arose.

The map is now back online and has been updated.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭nursewally

hey guys,

any info on when NGB will be coming to Cootehill, in co. Cavan?

thanks,
    nursewally.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bjp1967

I dont understand how regions are selected, looking at my county (Kilkenny) I see where small towns and villages have been enabled, while two of the three biggest towns in the county, Castlecomer and Thomastown, are not or dont seem to be in the near future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

nursewally wrote: »
    hey guys,

any info on when NGB will be coming to Cootehill, in co. Cavan?

thanks,
    nursewally.

Hi nursewally,

There are no plans this year to enable the Cootehill exchange. It is currently enabled for standard broadband up to 7.6Mb.

I will post here if I get more news.

Regards,
    Ant

bjp1967 wrote: »
    I dont understand how regions are selected, looking at my county (Kilkenny) I see where small towns and villages have been enabled, while two of the three biggest towns in the county, Castlecomer and Thomastown, are not or dont seem to be in the near future.

Hi bjp1967,

Thanks for posting on the Boards forum.

I've checked with the NGB team and unfortunately there are no plans this year to enable Castlecomer or Thomastown.

Regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wexfordian

Last Generation Broadband would be nice. Sigh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 sjmc

Hi nursewally,

There are no plans this year to enable the Cootehill exchange. It is currently enabled for standard broadband up to 7.6Mb.

I will post here if I get more news.

Regards,
    Ant

my parents (oap's) live in cootehill and were contacted by eircom to switch back to them.(21st march 2012) they decided to get broadband. NGB broadband is written on their confirmation letter. can you explain to me how this is possible.

further to this i am getting eircom callers to the door( i live 500yds from them) 3 times this week( inconvenient times) and to call back next week. currently with someone else just wondering should i stay where i am, as now im inclined not to believe what eircom is telling me

sjmc wrote: »
    my parents (oap's) live in cootehill and were contacted by eircom to switch back to them.(21st march 2012) they decided to get broadband. NGB broadband is written on their confirmation letter. can you explain to me how this is possible.

further to this i am getting eircom callers to the door( i live 500yds from them) 3 times this week( inconvenient times) and to call back next week. currently with someone else just wondering should i stay where i am, as now im inclined not to believe what eircom is telling me

Hi sjmc,

I have double-checked the Cootehill exchange and can confirm that there are no current plans to further upgrade to NGB at the moment. The only thing I can think of here is that although you are in Cootehill, you could possibly be connected to a different exchange. Could you PM the account number, address or landline number so I can confirm for you?

Cheers

James (Logged in as Mark)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ClonNGB

Hi ClonNGB,

I can confirm that yes the Clonakilty exchange in Cork, has been NGB enabled. There is an issue with the provisioning of NGB on our systems and has been escalated to eircom broadband networks.

I apologise for the further delay, given the long wait already. I will let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

The coverage map says Clonakilty is now migrated. Yet, I cant get my business starter line upgraded, in fact it is still on an old ADSL1 port. Can you please help ???

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BMCD44

Hi Ant/Mark,

According to the NGB map, Tyrrelstown Dublin 15 has been upgraded to NGB but when i check the line it is not. Any chance you could check this for me?

BMCD44 wrote: »
    Hi Ant/Mark,

According to the NGB map, Tyrrelstown Dublin 15 has been upgraded to NGB but when i check the line it is not. Any chance you could check this for me?

Thanks BMCD44,

The Tyrellstown Exchange is scheduled for the NGB upgrade by the end of this year.

Let me know if I can help again.

Best wishes,
    Ant

ClonNGB wrote: »
    Hi Mark,

The coverage map says Clonakilty is now migrated. Yet, I cant get my business starter line upgraded, in fact it is still on an old ADSL1 port. Can you please help ???

Thank you ClonNGB,

I will check this with my colleague and get back to you early next week.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Hey Ant, I've 3mb broadband in abbeyknockmoy, Co. Galway and was wondering if NGB is in this area yet?

I doubt Abbeyknockmoy will ever get NGB ....and as for Fibre! :D

mav79 wrote: »
    Hey Ant, I've 3mb broadband in abbeyknockmoy, Co. Galway and was wondering if NGB is in this area yet?

Hi mav79,

I can confirm that there are no plans this year to enable NGB on your exchange this year. It is however upgraded to handle up to 24Mb.

If you need to look at our current broadband and phoneline bundles, please see the website below:

eircom Broadband and Home Phone Bundles

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Any date for Knock, Co Mayo been upgraded to NGB?

• Advertisement

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Any date for Knock, Co Mayo been upgraded to NGB?

Hi Qwerty?

I checked with the NGB roll-out team and they are hopeful the Knock exchange will be NGB enabled by the end of 2012.

When we get a more definitive time-frame we will let you know .

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PeadarB

Ant : Mark,
    Took up invitation to come back to mama last week :)
    30 day delay - when I check my options for my line I see only NGA Fibre at 25Mb and 50Mb is available. How I wish that were the case!!!
    Have you any update at all re rollout as most of the graft seems to have been done here in Letterkenny.
    Thanks,
    Peadar

PeadarB wrote: »
    Ant : Mark,
    Took up invitation to come back to mama last week :)
    30 day delay - when I check my options for my line I see only NGA Fibre at 25Mb and 50Mb is available. How I wish that were the case!!!
    Have you any update at all re rollout as most of the graft seems to have been done here in Letterkenny.
    Thanks,
    Peadar

Hi PeadarB,

Can you PM me with your mums telephone number or account number and I can look into your options available with eircom.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PeadarB

Hi PeadarB,

Can you PM me with your mums telephone number or account number and I can look into your options available with eircom.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks Mark,

Mama as in Eircom :) I've sent pm.

Peadar

PeadarB wrote: »
    Thanks Mark,

Mama as in Eircom :) I've sent pm.

Peadar

Hi Peadar,

I PM you back, let me know if you have any follow up queries.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 46 trevor1973

Are there any plans for NGB rollout on the Belcarra exchange in Mayo Mark? The maximum I can get from the line at present is 3mb

Thanks

Trevor

The NGB rollout has ended from what I hear.

They do not appear to offer the 7mbit ADSL1 era package in Belcarra which indicates severe backhaul constraints.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭lockup35

Will the imminent entry of Sky into the broadband market here make any difference? Is there any hope of any other company buying or investing in rural exchanges to give us some hope of decent broadband speeds in the future?
    The government will probably spend the next five years scratching their heads about what to do about the "Digital Divide" in the country..

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

lockup35 wrote: »
    Will the imminent entry of Sky into the broadband market here make any difference?

Link to the story about Sky entering the Irish market?

I am guessing they are just going to be using Eircoms lines and become a reseller like BT etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Hi Qwerty?

I checked with the NGB roll-out team and they are hopeful the Knock exchange will be NGB enabled by the end of 2012.

When we get a more definitive time-frame we will let you know .

Thanks, Mark

I got a call from Eircom selling me NGB? they say knock is been upgraded now. They weren't very sure thou, could you recheck please?

Advertisement