Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB Upgrade

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

ClonNGB wrote: »
    Also note Sky are promising to bring a broadband offering to Ireland shortly, which may force some price/speed improvements if it happens in small towns like ours.
    Sky will run on BT gear or on eircom Bitstream . They will not install any equipment althought they may persuade BT to install some equipment...BT already have fibre in Clonakilty so you never know. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 devilsm8

hi

can you tell me when the drumlish co.longford exchange will be upgraded to NGB and also can you tell me if the longford exchange has been upgraded,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

devilsm8 wrote: »
    hi

can you tell me when the drumlish co.longford exchange will be upgraded to NGB and also can you tell me if the longford exchange has been upgraded,

Hi devilsm8,

The main Longford exchange is NGB enabled. However I checked the NGB roll-out plan which was updated today, I am afraid the Drumlish exchange is not planned for NGB activation by the end of 2012. So we have no indication available for that exchange.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 5 devilsm8

Hi Mark

Thanks for the quick reply,its a pity cause at stages im getting ping of up to 400ms at peak times, is there a website where we can view the NGB rollout phases as Ngb.ie has not been up in a long time

Thanks

Ngb.ie has not been up in a long time
    That is because the NGB rollout is finished. When the basic broadband program enablement was cancelled the Broadbandatoz.ie site disappeared last summer.

The only live program now is the urban VDSL program which means Longford Townis more likely (albeit not very likely) to get another upgrade before anything is done in rural and small town Longford.

• Advertisement

Hi Mark

Thanks for the quick reply,its a pity cause at stages im getting ping of up to 400ms at peak times, is there a website where we can view the NGB rollout phases as Ngb.ie has not been up in a long time

Thanks

Hi devilsm8,

I am afraid we do not have a public upgrade list. As the the upgrade list and enablement time-frames can always be subject to change which is why there is no longer a list available.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Hi MArk,

Just sent you a PM. Can't really get any help on the phone with your sales department. There telling me I can only get a 3meg pagkage with a 40 gig dl cap. I find this hard to believe as I am lving in maynooth.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Hi MArk,

Just sent you a PM. Can't really get any help on the phone with your sales department. There telling me I can only get a 3meg pagkage with a 40 gig dl cap. I find this hard to believe as I am lving in maynooth.

Thanks,

some of maynooth is on the business park exchange which hasn't been upgraded, got burned by this myself in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Apparently the business campus can support ngb but only corporate customers can avail of this.

What a joke.

Apparently the business campus can support ngb but only corporate customers can avail of this.

What a joke.

Hi smelly sock,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I got your PM and I checked with the NGB Roll out team and they confirmed there is no indication as to when the Maynooth Business (MBCA) may be NGB enabled I'm afraid.

However I tested the existing line at the address and the line should be capable of between 5 -7MB on the standard bitstream broadband packages available.

* Also eircom do not charge excess usage on current broadband packages which has been the case for the last few years.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gflann

Mark
    On the 27/08 you stated that the NGB roadmap was updated.
    Is the Pallasgreen, Co Limerick exchange on the roadmap as of yet?
    I'm tired of having to pay €62 on the old BB, when the NGB is cheaper. Seems a punishment for customers, when Eircom, haven't completed the work...!

Thanks a million
    Glenn

Bump, two days later.

gflann wrote: »
    Bump, two days later.

Hi Glenn,

appreciate it may seem unfair to customers who are on the standard broadband packages and can not avail of the Next Generation Broadband as their exchanges may not have been enabled as yet.

However the the NGB is classed as a different broadband product / service. eircom are trying to enable as many exchanges nation-wide for NGB, as it is the best way to improve the broadband service at a national level.

However in some cases it may not be possible to provide NGB to an exchange, so that is why the standard bitstream broadband service is still provided in an effort to give some measure of broadband service to an area.

The standard broadband packages (In terms of price and speed parameters) were set when the product was rolled out through all proper channels.

NGB had to be offered as a different product, as such the price and speed parameters did not have to match the existing standard packages, in turn it was regulations meant that we could not lower the standard broadband packages to match the NGB (as it is a separate product).

eircom are not try to frustrate existing customers, but in order to allow the standard broadband as an option when NGB is unavailable in area it has to be offered under the parameters outlined.

Thanks, Mark

Mark
    Thanx for the reply.
    That's all fine and good, but it does seem, from the outside that Eircom are punishing the customer. There is no marketing to say any different. By the way, you may want to get the guys on the phone uptodate on what you have said above, because the two people I have spoken to, didn't know ANY of the above.

Anyway....can you tell me, is the Pallasgreen exchange in Co Limerick being changed anytime soon?

Thanx again.
    Glenn

gflann wrote: »
    Mark
    Thanx for the reply.
    That's all fine and good, but it does seem, from the outside that Eircom are punishing the customer. There is no marketing to say any different. By the way, you may want to get the guys on the phone uptodate on what you have said above, because the two people I have spoken to, didn't know ANY of the above.

Anyway....can you tell me, is the Pallasgreen exchange in Co Limerick being changed anytime soon?

Thanx again.
    Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the heads up. I have checked the Pallasgreen exchange (PGNB) in Co Limerick. I am afraid there is no indication as to if or when that exchange may be NGB enabled.

However we do receive updates every 4-6 weeks. So I will let you know if there is any change.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jonmac3000

hi mark,

could you let me know if there are any plans to upgrade the Killavullen exchange in north cork anytime soon? just to be on a list would be positive news.

Thanks

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

jonmac3000 wrote: »
    hi mark,

could you let me know if there are any plans to upgrade the Killavullen exchange in north cork anytime soon? just to be on a list would be positive news.

Thanks

John

Hi John,

I've checked the exchange and it's not listed for an upgrade at the moment unfortunately. Current list only runs to the end of 2012 so it may be added at a later date. If you come back to us in a few months we may have new info. Wish I could be the bearer of better news but we'll be happy to check again at any stage.

Regards

James

Disappointing but I'm not surprised. Thanks for your reply and i will shout back near christmas time.

thanks,
    john

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Hi PeadarB,

I understand the frustration regarding the information about the fibre roll-out. Officially, this is still in the pilot stage so the info being given out is still fairly thin on the ground, even for us in here. The press release site is where any new public info will go first. I do know that a fair bit of the 'physical' work is done but I can't confirm any dates for going live. Have sent another request for an update so if I get anything solid I'll put it up here. Apologies again but we will post updates as soon as we receive them.

Regards

James

Hi James. I was wondering if there is any news on the Letterkenny fibre going live?

I noticed a new cabinet about 150m from my house - would I be correct in thinking this is part of the fibre rollout, and if so - is there and FTTH planned for Letterkenny, or just FTTC?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PeadarB

TPD wrote: »
    Hi James. I was wondering if there is any news on the Letterkenny fibre going live?
    The sting in the tail -
    http://pressroom.eircom.net/press_releases/article/eircom_Announces_Locations_for_Phase_III_Fibre_Rollout/

- Imagine they have now anounced Phase 3. Yes Phase 3. Sales of fibre now appear to have been put back in all areas to await a "Network Launch" next year. Really brilliant eircom, really brilliant. Letterkenny and other areas are now designated "complete."

This is a complete farce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭OO7FITZY

Hello Eircom James,

Where can I find the when Castleconnell, Co. Limerick will be upgraded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

OO7FITZY wrote: »
    Hello Eircom James,

Where can I find the when Castleconnell, Co. Limerick will be upgraded?

Hi OO7FITZY

I have checked the Castleconnell exchange and I'm afraid there is still no indication as to when it may be NGB enabled. Currently we have a list of exchanges eircom hope to have enabled by the end of 2012. However we do receive update lists every few weeks, so if you would like to get back to us in the new year hopefully we'll have some more information.

Regards
    Linda

(Logged in as Ant)

Could you take a look and see if the killavullen exchange is listed for upgrade anytime soon? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

jonmac3000 wrote: »
    Could you take a look and see if the killavullen exchange is listed for upgrade anytime soon? Thanks.

Hi jonmac3000

I have looked into this and unfortunately at this moment in time  there are no plans in place to upgrade the Killavullen exchange. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

That link you posted for the map wont work. 

Any idea when my road will be upgraded, address ballykennedy, ballingarry, Co.Limerick.

Thanks.

Seeing as the lads are checkin I need NGB status (enabled or not) on the following exchanges.

Inverin
    Costelloe
    Carraroe
    Lettermore

All in Galway.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭sibergoth

Hiya

can you please check if the Kimihil, Co. Clare is due to be upgraded anytime soon?

many thanks !

Regards
    Adam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

sibergoth wrote: »
    Hiya

can you please check if the Kimihil, Co. Clare is due to be upgraded anytime soon?

many thanks !

Regards
    Adam.
    Hi sibergoth

I have checked the NGB roll out list and there's no indication as to if or when the Kilmihil exchange may be NGB enabled I'm afraid. Once the exchange is NGB enabled eircom will notify everyone at this exchange either by post or by phone.  However this list is subject to constant updates so we'll be happy to check again at a later stage.

Regards

Linda

Nothing is there??
    Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Seeing as the lads are checkin I need NGB status (enabled or not) on the following exchanges.

Inverin
    Costelloe
    Carraroe
    Lettermore

All in Galway.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Still need current NGB status on these 4 exchanges.

Inverin

Costelloe

Carraroe

Lettermore

Advertisement