Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB Upgrade

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I can only answer specifically in relation to the eircom products / services available.  I appreciate you are just trying to get information. However I have to be cautious, as I can not speculate  or comment on what you may have been advised of by different companies.

Thanks, Mark
    Thanks Mark i appreciate the scenario.
    If i need to go back to eircom whats the best method?
    Online ,over the phone ?
    Just incase sky dont get their finger out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Dcully wrote: »
    Thanks Mark i appreciate the scenario.
    If i need to go back to eircom whats the best method?
    Online ,over the phone ?
    Just incase sky dont get their finger out.
    Hi Dcully

If you wish to return to eircom I would advise calling 1800566366 to arrange a move back to eircom. I would also advise checking your current contract terms and conditions with your current provider before making any decisions.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I recently moved into the Donabate area and was shocked to find it was not a fibre optic area. I signed up to Magnet broadband ( for some reason you both charge the same, even through they use your infrastructure) and heard rumours of upgrades going on starting end of April.

Speaking with Magnet they confirmed there is upgrades planned ( Fibre to cabinet, still copper wiring to households) but had no information on specific areas.

I'm wondering would you have any information on planned upgrades for this area, Balalease Court, Donabate.

Thanks and regards,
    Doc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

TheDoc wrote: »
    I recently moved into the Donabate area and was shocked to find it was not a fibre optic area. I signed up to Magnet broadband ( for some reason you both charge the same, even through they use your infrastructure) and heard rumours of upgrades going on starting end of April.

Speaking with Magnet they confirmed there is upgrades planned ( Fibre to cabinet, still copper wiring to households) but had no information on specific areas.

I'm wondering would you have any information on planned upgrades for this area, Balalease Court, Donabate.

Thanks and regards,
    Doc.

Hi TheDoc

We are still awaiting information on specific areas, prices & exact speed capabilities. This all has to be ratified before we can post details publicly.

We hope to have some news in May.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Taboganist007

Any chance that the ADSL1 exchange in Ardara, Co. Donegal will get upgraded to NGB ADSL2+ any time soon? We've been on basic ADSL1 broadband from our Ardara eircom exchange since 2006 and it's very congested and practically unusable during the peak/evening times. While searching for information pertaining to eircom exchanges I found a list of NGB enabled exchanged posted by a member of staff at eircom. He states that Ardara is sandwiched right in the middle of 3 NGB enabled exchanges (Glenties, Killybegs & Donegal Town) and this to me seems very unfair as we have a similar density of population as neighbouring towns.
    2013-03-27_23-35-19.jpeg

As things stand our broadband service is very frustrating and slow during peek hours and seeing as Ardara along with most towns in Donegal are not part of the ongoing VDSL/eFibre rollout program until 2015 I was wondering if you could shed any light on whether or not eircom plan to upgrade our exchange to something tolerable and up to date with modern technology in the near future?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Any chance that the ADSL1 exchange in Ardara, Co. Donegal will get upgraded to NGB ADSL2+ any time soon? We've been on basic ADSL1 broadband from our Ardara eircom exchange since 2006 and it's very congested and practically unusable during the peak/evening times. While searching for information pertaining to eircom exchanges I found a list of NGB enabled exchanged posted by a member of staff at eircom. He states that Ardara is sandwiched right in the middle of 3 NGB enabled exchanges (Glenties, Killybegs & Donegal Town) and this to me seems very unfair as we have a similar density of population as neighbouring towns.

As things stand our broadband service is very frustrating and slow during peek hours and seeing as Ardara along with most towns in Donegal are not part of the ongoing VDSL/eFibre rollout program until 2015 I was wondering if you could shed any light on whether or not eircom plan to upgrade our exchange to something tolerable and up to date with modern technology in the near future?
    Hi Taboganist007

I've looked into this and I'm very sorry to say that at this moment in timethat there are unfortunately no plans to upgrade the Ardara exchange to Next generation broadband.

I do wish I could be the bearer of better news and I do apologise for theinconvenience and disappointment this causes. 

Although there are no plans for an NGB upgrade to the Ardara exchange at the moment, plans may change and more exchanges may be added to plans toupgrade to NGB in the future so if you would like to check back with me in a couple of monthsI would be happy to look into this again.

Kind regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Taboganist007

Hi Taboganist007

I've looked into this and I'm very sorry to say that at this moment in timethat there are unfortunately no plans to upgrade the Ardara exchange to Next generation broadband.

I do wish I could be the bearer of better news and I do apologise for theinconvenience and disappointment this causes. 

Although there are no plans for an NGB upgrade to the Ardara exchange at the moment, plans may change and more exchanges may be added to plans toupgrade to NGB in the future so if you would like to check back with me in a couple of monthsI would be happy to look into this again.

Kind regards

Al
    That really is a crying shame, it's shamefully congested every evening with insanely high latency and drastically reduced speeds. Here's a typical speed test from our exchange in the evening 2607030172.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Any info on when Newtwopothouse (near Mallow, Co. Cork) will be upgraded to NGB? Currently only getting 1.5MB which is dire compared to the 8MB i was previously getting in Mallow itself.

Hi Dcully

If you wish to return to eircom I would advise calling 1800566366 to arrange a move back to eircom. I would also advise checking your current contract terms and conditions with your current provider before making any decisions.

Regards

Al

Hi Alan, If i was to go back to eircom and indeed cancel sky [might have to pay a fee] how soon could eircom have me back up and running?
    Would i see any downtime?

Anyone?

Nevermind i spoke to someone over the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭doney84

Hi was wondering if someone from eircom could help me out???

I'm on the Castlebellingham exchange in Co.Louth and my broadband is currently provided by utv.  During the day download speeds are fine but in the evenings they drop from 6mb to sometimes less than half a mb.  If I was to move to eircom would this still happen as I'm aware it's still the Castlebellingham exchange that I'll be on ?  Also could you tell me if this exchange is adsl1 or adsl2?

Many Thanks,
    doney84

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

doney84 wrote: »
    Hi was wondering if someone from eircom could help me out???

I'm on the Castlebellingham exchange in Co.Louth and my broadband is currently provided by utv.  During the day download speeds are fine but in the evenings they drop from 6mb to sometimes less than half a mb.  If I was to move to eircom would this still happen as I'm aware it's still the Castlebellingham exchange that I'll be on ?  Also could you tell me if this exchange is adsl1 or adsl2?

Many Thanks,
    doney84

Hi doney84,

Can you send on your address or PM your tel no: and I will look into the broadband speeds you are getting.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement