Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email from "Blizzard".

Options
  • 05-10-2011 4:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭

Well, this is a lovely early morning puzzle that has me stumped. I've never played WOW, nor have I even visted its website yet today, in my mail (junkbox I might add) I received this email.

Greetings,

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal World of Warcraft account(s). As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement. If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees. If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with: <link not included just in case it is malicious>

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

* Account name
    * Account password
    * First and Surname
    * Secret Question and Answer
    Show * Please enter the correct information

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.

Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Regards,

Account Administration Team
    Blizzard Entertainment
    http://www.blizzard.com/support/
    World of Warcraft , Blizzard Entertainment 2010

Please retain all history if you reply to this mail

Is this some sort of elaborate hit and hope scam or did someone prior to selling their account, or something, craftily change their email address to mine?

Edit : after some morning coffee and some research I've concluded this is most definitely a scam. Now is there any way I can scam bait these f**kers? What is the maximum password size, account name, secret answer etc. allowed and does anyone have really unique symbols that cannot be copied and pasted on certain OS or interfaces? :D

Sent the email onto Blizzard also. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Don't even follow the link, a lot of them will not only copy the information you type in, but will also download a keylogger to your PC.

Keyloggers can then be used to gain your passwords for bank accounts, emails, facebook and so on.

Just delete any mails you get like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Gumble01

blizzard have released some videos on how to keep your account secure maybe have a look at this if your not sure about scam e-mails http://www.youtube.com/blizzardtutorial

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Delete don't even follow the link thinking that you won't download anything or give any info, simply clicking the link will add a keylogger on your registry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭cactus jack

may also be time to change your password. i got a similar email & without even clicking on the link my account was hacked shortly afterwords

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

may also be time to change your password. i got a similar email & without even clicking on the link my account was hacked shortly afterwords

Read the OP.

He doesn't even have a WoW account :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I quit WoW over 2 years ago, yet I still get about 5 or 6 of these emails a week. They go straight to my junk folder. I can see how some people get fooled by them. They look the part, but Blizzard never ever ask for you for password. Never click on the links even for curiosity's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Funny how all the us people who no longer play WoW still check the WoW forum... eh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

No company will ever EVER ask you for your account name or password. It should be pretty obvious if it is a scam mail.

Advertisement