Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Siri thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

DYLF wrote: »
    its only on the 4s

Sad simples :(

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭3206jake

The Rook wrote: »
    Sad simples :(

I read soon somewhere it will be Released on the iphone 4,not sure if its true tho.

3206jake wrote: »
    I read soon somewhere it will be Released on the iphone 4,not sure if its true tho.

It may appear on Jailbroken devices, but that's it.
    Apple won't add it to the 4 as that's ones less reason to upgrade.
    Wouldn't use Siri via Jailbreak either, access to everything.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I asked Siri to play Klaxons for me earlier, and she said "Here's your Klaxons!" (and then played Myths of the Near Future). I'm starting to like this gal. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Ask Siri if God exists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Siri doesn't want to talk about Hal 9000 but will tell you when Judgement Day is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

It's alleged the one of apples next steps is a full on TV with built in siri, doing away with the remote control. that could be interesting.

i do find it improving day by day, but i'd like it to do such things as read your texts when the headphones are in (when you dont want to take the phone out of your pocket) and then have it revert to normal when the headphones are plugged out.....maybe theres an app on the way for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

DaveM80 wrote: »
    Once its set to remember where you work it will remind you as soon as the gps in the phone leaves work.

How do you set it to remember places, like work or home?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

EGriff wrote: »
    DaveM80 wrote: »
    Once its set to remember where you work it will remind you as soon as the gps in the phone leaves work.

How do you set it to remember places, like work or home?

In my opinion it's awkward, you have to create a contact with the location on it, which is fine for people you know, but a bit much when you have to create a contact for your local tesco to remind you to get milk when you're passing it. I'd much rather drop a pin

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Spook80

In my opinion it's awkward, you have to create a contact with the location on it, which is fine for people you know, but a bit much when you have to create a contact for your local tesco to remind you to get milk when you're passing it. I'd much rather drop a pin

You wouldn't need to create a contact for your local shop. The idea is for places you would spend a significant amount of time at e.g home or work.

If i'm in a random friends house, which siri wouldn't know, i can just say remind me to pick up milk when i leave and it will just remind you when it knows you have left that current location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

It's gone slightly off topic, but just on the geofence reminders: I agree with 120minutes, I think it is a bit awkward.

If you set up your location for places like work and home, and you want to use them again and again, then you DO have to create a contact that has the location attached. If you simply want to "remind me when I leave current location" then it's easy.

But if you want to set a reminder to "remind me to get milk when I'm passing Dunnes Stores", then you would first have to create a contact called Dunnes Stores and set the reminder to go off as you arrive at that location.

Dropping a pin for a one-off reminder would be far easier, and when I first tried the geofence reminders that's what I was expecting to see. A case of Apple NOT making something user friendly?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

How is it managing regional Irish accents?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭TheBuck

Ive been useing it now since Last Wed and seems to work fairly well , I think it learns as well as one time I asked it to add Bread to my shopping list but it couldnt figure out that word and do something else , then after a day it picked it up no prbs.

I have it set to the US English but gonna try it on UK english and see if that improves the accuracy.

One thing i think people should note is that its not local to your phone, it needs an active internet connection , be that with wifi ( where it will respond faster) or 3G data connection ( slower repsonce) .

Id be interested to see other peoples uses for it in Ireland.

Advertisement