Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving instructors in Drogheda for someone with no experience?

Options
  • 05-10-2011 8:39am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Passed my theory test yesterday (first time, baby ;) ) so now have to start looking for someone to get lessons from. I have absolutly no experience driving so will be looking for someone who can tolerate a complete n00b. I'm in Grange Rath so someone around that area would be good.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Passed my theory test yesterday (first time, baby ;) ) so now have to start looking for someone to get lessons from. I have absolutly no experience driving so will be looking for someone who can tolerate a complete n00b. I'm in Grange Rath so someone around that area would be good.

Any suggestions?

You'll need to apply for your learners permit first!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh yeah, I know that. Going to get my sight tested on Friday and will be applying then. Just wanted to make a head start on looking for an instructor though :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I think the Tartan driving school is actually run by someone who lives in the estate, so it may be handy.

http://www.tartandrivingschool.ie/find-driving-school.html

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

I was the most nervous driver in the world, the best instruction I found was 'Rookie school of motoring'. I found Mark really patient and explained what to do in plain English.

He was recommended to me by a few people and he is now teaching my sister.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rookie-School-Of-Motoring/121070241300228

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭K nacker

I know the guy who runs tartan he's a gentleman. his name is Alan,I can highly recommed him. lives in Grange rath too.

• Advertisement

Ah, i think you just missed the boardsdeal with iDrive. It was €40 for 3 1hr lessons or something to that effect. Availed of it myself but haven't contacted them yet. The guy that teaches did contact me on boards before when I posted in the learning to drive forum saying i was looking for lessons, and he seemed like a decent enough bloke, and as far as i recall, his prices were cheaper than anyone else I seen, and he had an active Facebook page with offers and discounts appearing here and there.

That said, i haven't actually done a lesson with him, yet, nor have i even talked on the phone, so can't really say with any degree of certainty how good or bad the service is, but they're definitely worth taking a mooch at.

http://www.idriveireland.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Drawda Girl

My daughter is currently having driving lessons from Cowley School of Motoring....086 8686056. She was a total beginner. Absolutely no experience. She says her instructor Anthony is great. Very patient. Explains everything very clearly. After 5 lessons she is doing really well. We got a deal, 6 lessons for €150 (€25) each. Good value!

Advertisement