Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Controller for PC

• 05-10-2011 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi

I was wondering if anybody can tell where I can buy a wireless receiver for the controller so that I can use it on the PC. The plug and charge wire does not work even though I was told yesterday by a sales person in the Game store in the Ilac centre yesterday that it would!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

It should work.. Why is it not?

What can you not do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

Apparently not.

This may help

wireless xbox controllers can only get power from the pc usb port.

you will need something like this (bought this myself and works fine but will take a few weeks to get to you - maybe ebay for quicker) which picks up the wireless signal from the controller. A wired (non-wireless) xbox controller is the other option - that will work with pc without any further adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Curious Q

cml387 wrote: »
    Apparently not.

This may help

I came across this site last night when the controller wouldn't work. Bottom line I think I need to get a fixed wire controller or the wireless receiver!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I bought one here a few weeks ago, received it the next day and works perfect after software and driver installation

http://www.syncron.ie/PC_WIRELESS_GAMING_USB_RECEIVER_ADAPTER_XBOX_360_p/59x.htm

• Advertisement

Curious Q wrote: »
    I came across this site last night when the controller wouldn't work. Bottom line I think I need to get a fixed wire controller or the wireless receiver!:mad:

It might work out cheaper to get a usb xbox-type controller, I think PC world have them.

I just checked the PC World website, I can't see any Xbox wired controller...

I didn't say xbox, I said XBOX-type.

For example

Crosáidí I just ordered it from that site, thanks for the link!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Just checking to see did you get that receiver thing OP and did it work for you? So you should have been able to use an ordinary Xbox wireless controller on PC and console?

• Advertisement
Advertisement