Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tethering on Meteor

Options
  • 05-10-2011 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Sorry, I can't find an answer on the Meteor website.

Do Meteor charge extra to tether a tablet/laptop to your smart phone?

Am out of contract with O2 next week and am seriously looking at Meteor. But can't find an answer to the tethering question.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

I was on Meteor a year ago they did not charge for tethering then, I moved to 3 who do not charge either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

They don't charge for tethering, it just comes out of your allowence.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭lukejr

On the website for the their Bill Pay Lite they say:
    Usage of your inclusive mobile internet allowance as a modem is expressly prohibited.

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/lite_sim_card/#plans-tab

Anyone know the real answer here?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

lukejr wrote: »
    On the website for the their Bill Pay Lite they say:

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/lite_sim_card/#plans-tab

Anyone know the real answer here?

It works fine, I've done it hundreds of times. I suppose they just don't want to provide support for it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The real answer is that they allow it, but only through the data.mymeteor.ie APN, not the broadband.mymeteor.ie APN (on phone accounts)

There is charge for it, only than your standard data charge you pay in your bill or top up, plus you extra charges if you go over your allowance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

I can confirm i use my htc desire for the last year whenever needed to tether to my lappy of create a wifi hotspot (have had 3 lappys running off it when broadband went down)
    with no extra charge.
    you do run through your monthly allowance (1Gb for me) quicker though i find.
    :D

Is there a meteor rep on the boards and if so can they pm me? I want to ask about upcoming phones and dont think its relevant to create a new topic here so much since its network specific, especially if i cant find a rep

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

I tether my desire on meteor and theres no charge,just reduces the allowance(rapidly) but theres a 10 gig addon for 15 euros I think for any month one expects to use it. I know nothing about APNs its just whatever meteor entered on the handset when they gave it to me on billpay.

Advertisement