Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car clamping

• 05-10-2011 10:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭

Be careful where your parking the clamper had a field day yesterday!!!
    Seen alot of student cars clamped for silly reasons.
    Anyone any good at picking locks??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

saw this myself, anyone parked on a kerb was clamped, i saw 5 or 6 cars clamped, which is a joke as the parking in there is rediculous, where else are people supposed to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭vinamax

Well a large percentage of the people who drive to college don't really need to because they live so close by, but god forbid they'd have to use their legs. There was a temporary carpark up at the Tack Room last year, is that still in operation?

Also, if you can't get parked right at the door then you really shouldn't just dump your car on the nearest footpath. Some of us like to actually walk on 'em...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

anyone i know drives a good distance, birr, longford etc there was room to park on the path and still room for people to walk past. i wouldn't park on the kerb myself, but still, the parking situation is a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

vinamax wrote: »
    Well a large percentage of the people who drive to college don't really need to because they live so close by, but god forbid they'd have to use their legs. There was a temporary carpark up at the Tack Room last year, is that still in operation?

Also, if you can't get parked right at the door then you really shouldn't just dump your car on the nearest footpath. Some of us like to actually walk on 'em...
    thats the problem vinamax, not enough people are willing to walk. Its worse on a rainy day. alot of cars are even left overnight and its not just the people who are in scribes having a few jars. I think people who live nearby are just parking their car up for the week as its safer than willow. (CCTV etc.)
    I saw a car get clamped because the wheel was barely touching the footpath, this is a bit extreme IMO. The clamper should use a bit of cop on. If someone is parked incorrectly fair enough but €80 is very steep for a minor infraction like Ive mentioned. :confused:Havent noticed any staff cars clamped for parking in non designated spaces yet. Maybe they know the staff wouldnt pay it without a struggle.
    Is there any plans to increase the level of parking available to students? I know the college does own more land across the road behind the nursing block. They havent even bothered to mark out the spaces on the chippings behind scribes so you always get some loo laa parked there blocking everyone who cant be clamped because they can argue that no spaces are marked.

I've seen a few in my time where they were clamped for parking arseways in a spot, because the idiot in the next space over had parked arseways and the car on the opposite side was parked properly.

The nature of the clamper is to be an anal-retentive git with no cop-on and work EXACTLY by what the book says, showing no initiative or compassion at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

vinamax wrote: »
    I've seen a few in my time where they were clamped for parking arseways in a spot, because the idiot in the next space over had parked arseways and the car on the opposite side was parked properly.

The nature of the clamper is to be an anal-retentive git with no cop-on and work EXACTLY by what the book says, showing no initiative or compassion at all.

Well that's great vinamax if they clamp correctly. If they become over zealous the results may not be pretty.
    I happened to be clamped in the wrong around this time last year. I had my permit. I parked in a designated area in a designated spot. Came out to my car at 5pm after a long full day of classes to discover the dreaded yellow monster attached to my front wheel. I asked the rude Clamper why he had clamped me and to please remove it. I told him if he didn't then i would as I had done nothing wrong. He removed it.

Chancing his arm me thinks....

Read my last post again. I know exactly how bad private clamping companies are, and that was an example of their "work ethic".

Advertisement