Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternatives to UPC Balbriggan - Sick of resets

• 05-10-2011 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

I swapped over from Eircom / Sky to UPC so now I have no land line. When I first got UPC, I had to get a service call within 2 weeks due to constant resets. The modem was replaced & an attenuator was attached to the line. It seemed to work (mostly) for a few weeks. Three weeks ago the modem resets started again so I rang UPC & in fairness to them, they were good & booked a service call for the Saturday.

The tech came out & told me they had moved me to another up stream router & they were having trouble with it. It was fine until this week. Now the resets have started & it is driving me mad.

I work from home a lot & my phone is on it as well. As far as I am concerned, it is really not the service promised or required & I am thinking of going back to sky.

Does anyone know a good reliable BB provider that covers Balbriggan with no land line?

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement