Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Grooming - North Kildare

• 05-10-2011 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good dog groomer around Maynooth area? I'd be willing to travel as long as it's not too far!

I have a year old Bichon Frise that needs trimming. Last time I brought her to <snip> and asked for a trim, they then went and shaved her skin tight! So I won't be going back there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

Hiya,

My doggy goes to Liz in The Wagging Tail, shes based in Clonsilla/Blanch and not far from Maynooth at all, to be honest its well worth the trip as she does a great job on my guy (even with my sometimes strange requests for style of cuts!!)
    Very thorough job and very reasonable.

Heard that before about <snip> and seen a cavalier that was done there- like yours the dog was shaved...everything, even the tail? The owner was really annoyed and said that wasnt what she had asked for..but too late by then really.

PM me if you want contact details, shes on facebook too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I've removed the name of the groomer mentioned there as it's really not necessary for the purposes of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭underpants

thanks Jennypop, I'll give them a try.
    It's so hard to find a good groomer!!

@adrenalinjunkie
    I mentioned <snip> so that any replies wouldn't suggest the obvious answer when enquiring about groomers near Maynooth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

The Wagging Tail is moving out to Sandyford next month, not sure when you were planning on getting your dog groomed but just in case you wanted to stick with the same groomer and have someone close enough, there is a groomers called Little Beaus which is part of Dog Training Ireland in Ballycoolin, they are fab too and I have a friend with 2 bischons who sends them there for grooming. Plus they have doggy daycare so you could leave pooch there for the day in daycare and get his grooming done same day as well!
    Both Liz and Little Beaus are fantastic and I would have no hesitation recommending them both. Just a question of wheres more convenient for you!

Advertisement