Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise board - help with proposal

Options
  • 05-10-2011 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

I have a business idea and an aspect of it involves taking my "hobby" a step further and creating a wholesale supply business on a similar model to Avon (but not make up) - in that I want to enable people to start a part or full time business with very little capital. Anyhow, I have bought a lot of equipment in the last 5 years or so and when I write up my business proposal can I offset the cost of these items against the "personal financial input and resources", as I don't have receipts for all items and some were bought second hand.
    The other part is targeting the tourist market with region specific gifts - sourced and produced locally, rather than Chinese imports. Although I do need to import a chemical coating from the US or China, as I have no idea where to source something similar in Ireland. Is there anywhere/anyone I can approach to see if this can be obtained locally?
    thanks for any info/advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Admor Tony

In answer to the first question, yes you can include the cost of items you have bought as part of your equity input. You do not need receipts but you may need to show that the amounts are realistic / appropriate/ current. Make sure you include how you arrived at these figures in the assumptions you will document to support each of the items in your financial projections.

The second question is harder without knowing what the coating is. You could try your Local Enterprise Board who should have the connections to source an Irish supplier if there is one. As an alternative you could try here: http://www.impreglon.co.uk/location.php. I do not have any connection with this company.

Good luck.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

Agreed about the first point.

With the second, you're Enterprise Board may be able to give you a grant for a feasibility study as you are still in the research stage and help you out with sourcing your materials, or hook you up with someone who might be able to help you out.

Best of luck with it!

Advertisement