Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

moved kids school! regrets??

• 05-10-2011 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hey all.
    My ds(8) was incredibly unhappy in school for years. crazy amount of homework. Very acedemic school with little art and games. he maintained for years that he HATED it. and sometimes we d tears at night cos he d have school the next day. (he also had no windows or ventilation and very little desk space!)

DD(4) started JI. and her teacher was fab. DD settled straight away, but missed 1 week in sept cos she was sick.

I decided that now was the time to bite the bullet and move them (or never). before DD settled too much. sourced a lovely school, and moved them both.
    Took them both out.
    They are only there 3 days, and dd is still settling. daunting as the class size is much bigger than her last! (but then in the last school they join 2 JI classes for SI so she would have been in a v large class anyway)

Ds is settling in very well. He even says he likes it. But he really really misses his best friend from his old school. (ive already org him over yesterday and maintain they will always be friends, he doestn even live far away at all!) The mother of this kid is thinking about changing him to where ds is too. (and she has a dd in JI too who my dd is pals with!)

So why do I feel so heartbroken about the whole thing??
    while organising the kids, and making sure everything is for them, and they are happy!! I really miss the old scool. I had a lot of friends there, and it was MUCH nearer. Not just the traffick im talking about (although committed to driving accross town for the next 9 years!!) , but the fact that my children FELT nearer to me. I feel they are very far away now!!
    I feel lonely and sad. :confused: No more morning chin wags.... or jokes flying around!!
    I really hope the mother changes her kids up there, cos then I would feel so much more comfy being familiar with someone. its a huge school, and I know no one. and the parents tend not to mingle much. at the old school, we were all GREAT friends for years! (still are!)
    I just cant get my head around this. Can anyone help me ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭kilco

It's early days yet I'm sure you'll get to know other mums soon. My ds started ji and is not going to local parish school which has very small classes and I would know every parent there almost. Like your situation I chose to send him furter away to a school where they have more opportunities to do things other than book based learning but with much larger classes but a lot of the kids in his playschool are going there too. He's not a good mixer and playdates will be more difficult and he probably would have felt more at ease in the smaller class but there was a reason why I made my decision and I'm trusting my instinct and hoping it works out so just remember why you made the decision and if the kids are happy thats all that matters. I too was hoping that maybe someone else near me wuld send kids too but nobody in ds class has done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 missymoo2

Well its nice to hear someone in the same boat. and your right, its all about the kids and them being happy is what matters. And i think they are.
    Ds is settling in well... he s told me he likes it. (these words never uttered his mouth bout the old school! lol)
    but now we are 3 days in, things are settling and he s told me while he likes the new school he really misses is old friends!!
    me tooooo!!!! i miss seeing all the same kids faces that Ive been seeing for the last 4 years!
    I suppose this will just take time.
    I need to move on.
    Im so regretting moving them.. but then they are HAPPY!!!! he wasnt happy in his last school!!!!!!
    what is my problem!!!! ???? so stupid!!!!

Advertisement