Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Riot Tapes on The Apprentice Ireland

Options
  • 05-10-2011 11:06am
    Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭

Note they're using our song Photograph in the advert!

In addition the Daily Mail is releasing a companion compilation CD and there's a VERY strong chance we'll be track on on that.. they're printing 400,000 copies and distributing for free with the paper... amazing

Fingers crossed...

The episode will air next Monday... tune in!

We're also playing a gig next Sat the 15th... if you wanna see us play the song live, here's your chance.. plus we'll be playing with Storyfold, who's new single is ALL over the radio!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

well done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

nice one.. fair play!

Was there a competition to get on the show or did someone head hunt ye for the show? Not being snotty ! Just interested on how bands great good breaks :)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

mada999 wrote: »
    nice one.. fair play!

Was there a competition to get on the show or did someone head hunt ye for the show? Not being snotty ! Just interested on how bands great good breaks :)

No worries!

There was a competition run by the Daily Mail. It was run back in June (I think). The reveal that it was about the apprentice wasn't until August.

Of the hundreds of bands that entered, only 30 were shortlisted, then 20 were chosen to take part in the apprentice aspect of the show... of those a few made it on the air and only one (us) is having their music on the ads, etc.

Hope that clears things up... Ireland is FULL of this sort of thing, but you have to always be on the look out... and have some decent recordings!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

good stuff Chris and great a achivement... i'll be watchin as i do like 'photograph' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 stinkfisting

MoJo Gogo also on this, saw them during Arthur's Day, cracking band from Donegal.

• Advertisement

mada999 wrote: »
    good stuff Chris and great a achivement... i'll be watchin as i do like 'photograph' :)

yay and yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Local Dundalk band The Tramps were on it too last nigh(they were the ones that were late to the shoot)
    Sadly they were on the losing sides cd and as a result they wont be on the released cd.

How did you guys get on Milan??
    Also any gigs up my way(Dundalk)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

seannash wrote: »
    Local Dundalk band The Tramps were on it too last nigh(they were the ones that were late to the shoot)
    Sadly they were on the losing sides cd and as a result they wont be on the released cd.

How did you guys get on Milan??
    Also any gigs up my way(Dundalk)

:)

We are track 3 on the winning CD! Yay. :)

No gigs in Dundalk, but we're playing tomorrow night at the Grand Social with Storyfold. Should be jammed. Maybe even sell out. ;)

Gonna be professionally filmed (6 cameras!) and recorded! Should be killer! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement