Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New house - switching over

Options
  • 05-10-2011 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi,
    I'm going to look to change over to ESB from Bord Gais for gas in a house I moved into 2 weeks ago because ESB don't require a deposit. Can we set up the switch from the date we moved 2 weeks ago?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi JohnnyCarmello,

Unfortunately we can't backdate move-ins which involve a change of supplier. I can set it up from today however if you can PM me the following:
    • The GPRN number of the property
    • Confirmation of the address
    • A current gas meter reading
    • Your full name, contact no. and date of birth
    • Your bank details, so as to avoid the deposit
    Just to note, the change-over process can take up to 20 working days.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

my friend moved into his new house(2nd hand) 2 weeks ago.  he wants to use bord gas as his supplier, does he inform electric ireland,or just bord gas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi horse7,

He does not need to contact Electric Ireland, just the supplier with which he wishes to register - providing an up-to-date meter reading.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Hi horse7,

He does not need to contact Electric Ireland, just the supplier with which he wishes to register - providing an up-to-date meter reading.

Regards,
    Una
    thanks

Advertisement