Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband set up for a first timer

• 05-10-2011 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I’m trying to get set up for Vodafone home broadband (Newport, Tipperary). There is a phone line in the house but it has never been used so I suppose the first step is to get the line connected.
    If I get Eircom to connect the line do I have to pay a connection fee or sign a contract with them for line rental? Obviously I want to avoid this and get set up with Vodafone as cheaply as possible.
    Can anyone advise?
    Many Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Ask Vodafone to activate the line. eircom will tie you to a 6 month contract after activation. Look at the bundle prices, over the whole 12 months before making your decision. Vodafone may be €5 cheaper, but some would say that it's not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,351 ✭✭✭naughto

Hi all,
    I’m trying to get set up for Vodafone home broadband (Newport, Tipperary). There is a phone line in the house but it has never been used so I suppose the first step is to get the line connected.
    If I get Eircom to connect the line do I have to pay a connection fee or sign a contract with them for line rental? Obviously I want to avoid this and get set up with Vodafone as cheaply as possible.
    Can anyone advise?
    Many Thanks.

i wouid ring up vodafone and tell them that u want to get broadband with them if u have the number of the landline they will check it to see if it is connected or not.i did not know the number when i got vodafone broadband in to my house so them gave me a number to ring of the the landline to see who was service provider was that had the phone line.

do not ask eircom to connect the line they wanted 50 euro of me just to test and connect the line vodafone did it for free.

Advertisement