Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice - Bundle + Gfx card

Options
  • 05-10-2011 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    With the arrival of BF3 and Skyrim soon, I guess I'll be looking to upgrade.

Current setup is below

Processor: Intel Core2 Extreme X6800
    Memory: 4gb RAM
    Video Card: Radeon 4870 X2
    Motherboard: ASUS PRKPL/1600

I've been looking round a few sites, Overclockers, Pixmania, Komplett etc.
    But also going to ask for advice here as more likely to get a decent guide as opposed to randomly picking parts myself

Budget for the 4 parts woud be ..mmm 400 would be nice, but I could push it to 600 IF it was REALLY a HUGE improvement over the 400 setup
    (Bundle + GFX) is probably the easiest, but if you know of cheaper seperate then I'd gladly go that way

I have a decent PSU and Coolermaster case etc so should be enough space.

All advice and help is appreciated, thanks

I have gone and bought the below in the meantime
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/8224042/art/sapphire-technology/radeon-hd-6870-1-gb-gddr5.html

Is it Worth me buying another to run in Crossfire ?
    I'd probably need to lower the price of the Bundle to accomodate the Crossfire etc.
    Or is my CPU ok ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

The 4870x2 is about the same speed or a little faster than a 6870

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Jonny7 wrote: »
    The 4870x2 is about the same speed or a little faster than a 6870

FAIL me haha. I'll see if I can have them hold the delivery and ugrade the card so.

Advertisement