Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Galway

Options
  • 05-10-2011 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Im moving to Galway in a few weeks and im going to be working in Boston Scientific. I am looking to rent a place between town and work preferably. I am going to be driving to and from work. I have looked at similar threads on here but i have another question. What areas would be the best to look at to try and avoid most of the traffic but still be within a 20 minute walk of the centre?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

From what your saying, wellpark/tara grove area maybe.

But i wouldnt be to pushed about absolutely having to be 20 minutes walk myself when you can be a roughly 15/20 minute bus from town in Doughiska/Ballybrit, or even Galway side of Oranmore.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

What shift will you be working?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

Im going to be working 9-5 flexitime so i might just start coming in early to avoid the traffic.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

To avoid the traffic you're looking at 8 at the latest. Then you can live anywhere. I live in Knocknacarra and commute to Parkmore. It takes 15 minutes in the morning and usually about a half hour in the evening. Knocknacarra is right the other side of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Depends where you're coming from. I come from the city centre, the 8:30 bus takes about 10-15 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭daithimacgroin

perhaps the lough atalia side of renmore

15 minutes walk to eyre square via 'the Line'

Advertisement