Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garmin 110

• 05-10-2011 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25

Has anyone bought or would recommend the garmin 110, want something that can be used for swimming, cycling and running with out spending a bucket load on equipment.

Any recommendations would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,540 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

donmc wrote: »
    Has anyone bought or would recommend the garmin 110, want something that can be used for swimming, cycling and running with out spending a bucket load on equipment.

Any recommendations would be great.
    You'd be better off buying a Forerunner 305. Unlike the 110, it's designed for multi-sport. It doesn't really work while swimming though (unless you keep it in your swim-hat). It's also cheaper than the 110, and offers far more functionality. The 110 is an entry-level runner's watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25 donmc

You'd be better off buying a Forerunner 305. Unlike the 110, it's designed for multi-sport. It doesn't really work while swimming though (unless you keep it in your swim-hat). It's also cheaper than the 110, and offers far more functionality. The 110 is an entry-level runner's watch.

Thanks for that, had come across the 305 but thought it looked very bulky. Can the 305 be attach to the bike also? if so, is there other attachments that would be needed for the bike apart from the piece that would take the face of the watch? (if that makes sence..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,540 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

All of the multi-discipline watches are a little bulkier. If you click here, you can see all of the accessories available for the 305. You can see the quick release kit for a 305 (includes quick release strap and bike mount).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25 donmc

All of the multi-discipline watches are a little bulkier. If you click here, you can see all of the accessories available for the 305. You can see the quick release kit for a 305 (includes quick release strap and bike mount).

Thats great, fairplay. the 305 might be the way to go seen as it covers all 3 disciplines. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I had a 305 until it met it's maker and got run over by a car this year. I now use a 110. Like KC, I would advise on getting a 305 over a 110. Far superior watch IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

If anyone ever read FAQs, this would be question 2 or 3

"I'm looking for something that will tell me-"
    Garmin 305
    "But will it also-"
    Garmin 305
    "The Lidl HRM looks like good va-"
    Garmin 305
    "But it looks so chunky:("
    .... okay, just buy whatever you like :rolleyes:...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

@KC,unlike donmc,im after a watch solely for running.Would i still be better off with a 305,405 or would the 110 suffice? Cheers in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

@KC,unlike donmc,im after a watch solely for running.Would i still be better off with a 305,405 or would the 110 suffice? Cheers in advance

This one

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    This one
    HILARIOUS;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭huskerdu

It depends on what you want the watch to do, what sort of running you do and how you think that your running will progress over the next few years,

The 110 is handy if you want to be able to press a button and the beginning and end of your run and get a measure of the distance and pace you ran, and you have no need for anything else.

If you can answer yes to any of the following questions, buy a 305

Do you want to have instant information during your run on your average pace, pace per lap, current pace ?
    Do you want to run intervals or any form of advance workout ?
    Do you want to ....

I could go on, but you probably get the picture by now.

• Advertisement

Picture received loud and clear. Thats the type of constructive answer i was looking for.Cheers for that.

Advertisement