Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband Experiences - Stillorgan/Sandyford

Options
  • 05-10-2011 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭

I'm considering switching broadband from [EMAIL="VF@Home"]VF@Home[/EMAIL] to UPC, but there have been so many mixed messages from posters on the Broadband thread, that i dont know if I'd be jumping from the frying pan to the fire.

Can anyone in the Stillorgan/Sandyford area comment on their UPC broadband experience (Quality, Reliability, Speed etc)? Only interested in location-specific feedback, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I had no problems at all when I had UPC. It never dropped out or slowed down. Never had any problems playing xbox live. Pity the same couldn't be said when I moved to Eircom!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭christmas2010

I wanted to get UPC broadband, I'm in Dublin South.
    They brought out modems, made about 5 visits, everytime a different person.
    Eventually it was discovered we had no signal because a neighbour a few doors down wouldn't let line across his property. UPC must obviously have known about this.
    Even after all this they kept ringing us and telling us problem was sorted even though it wasn't. It seemed to be just different salespeople trying to make a sale.
    Appalling communication within the company, would never have any more dealings with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

homer911 wrote: »
    Can anyone in the Stillorgan/Sandyford area comment on their UPC broadband experience (Quality, Reliability, Speed etc)? Only interested in location-specific feedback, thanks

I've been with them for years and find them great. Customer support has improved over the years. Speed/reliability etc is very good, and should it go - eg when tv signal for the area is down, which is rare - they're on to it very quickly.

Advertisement