Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photocopier service & repair contact?

Options
  • 05-10-2011 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Does know anyone know of any individual or company who could service a Canon iR1024 copier? Canon themselves can do it but are pricey.

I think it might be the drum but as it costs approx €100 I would rather know for sure. There are black lines down the right and side of the pages on print and copy. Cleaned it last week (and hoovered the inside) but it made no difference.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

100 it's kind of "right price" for that type of devices !
    And i will put on top of that the installation...

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

Hi,its also likely that its the drum cleaning blade but i think its an all in one unit
    ink maestro sell them
    https://www.inkmaestro.ie/search/?search=canon+1024+drum
    see if you can take the old unit first then if your comfortable with that order the unit and fit it yourself.
    Also hoovering out the copier with a normal vac is a big no.They can generate a large static build-up and arc onto the machine blowing circuit boards costing a fortune to repair
    Most copier engineers have special anti-static vacs.
    Hope this helps.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Printing tech is a pretty detailed job and is usually fairly expensive.
    Pay peanuts and get monkeys.

It does sound like imaging drum needs replacing. Thats the route I'd be going

Advertisement