Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Cat found in UCC

Options
  • 05-10-2011 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

*The cat has been returned to its family and all is good again*

Also posted in UCC.

There's been a black and white cat wandering UCC since at least yesterday and my girlfriend couldn't bear to see a lost animal and we're after taking it back to her place. It says on the collar that it's name is Pete and it gives a phone number (that I don't want to post publicly) but when I rang it I got straight to voice mail every time.

That man on the voicemail's name is Marcus and the message says he's on annual leave till August, so he should be back by now. I've also texted the number a message but there's been no reply. I tried googling the number but there was no useful result.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do now? Anyone have any suggestions before I start printing out posters? I'd like to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Badly taken pic of the cat:
    S3SFY.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 carbonel_rex

Saw that cat as well yesterday, was wondering whether it was lost or had just wandered onto campus from a nearby house. If you have no luck with the phone number, Cork Animal Care Society might be able to help. They publicise lost and found pets on their facebook page, and they should be able to help find a home for the cat if the owner never turns up. As far as I know, they have a policy of not putting animals down as well.

http://www.animalcaresociety.ie/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cork-Animal-Care-Society/121706267844805?sk=info

I think cats wander by nature, I reckon there's a good chance it's not lost at all and would make it's own way home (from UCC)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cats81

Hey - i'm Pete's owner - thanks so much for posting. Live near UCC & haven't seen him since he wandered off from the garden Monday night - been looking everywhere for him. if you want to give me a buzz when you get this.. THanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Cats81 wrote: »
    Hey - i'm Pete's owner - thanks so much for posting. Live near UCC & haven't seen him since he wandered off from the garden Monday night - been looking everywhere for him. My number is --- if you want to give me a buzz when you get this.. THanks a million.
    Cool. My GF will ring you straight away. We misread the number on the collar. We thought the six was a four.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

So now it is a found cat that was lost in UCC! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ClimberC

Should the post with the dudes phone number not be deleted? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dhoun

All's well that ends well:)

Advertisement