Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting a new double socket in garage

Options
  • 05-10-2011 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Howdy, After being quoted mad money to install an electrical socket I'm going to have to do it myself. It'll be going in a garage with no existing sockets. However there are a few twin sockets on the other side of the garage wall. Is it just as easy taking a spur off one of the existing sockets and drilling through the wall and route the cabling to the new socket?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Howdy, After being quoted mad money to install an electrical socket I'm going to have to do it myself. It'll be going in a garage with no existing sockets. However there are a few twin sockets on the other side of the garage wall. Is it just as easy taking a spur off one of the existing sockets and drilling through the wall and route the cabling to the new socket?

What are you planning on using the sockets for? are you planning on plugging in big loads? Is the garage along one of the house walls? What rooms is it near?

Yes it might be as simple as drilling a hole in the wall and running the cable into a socket, it all depends....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

What are you planning on using the sockets for? are you planning on plugging in big loads? Is the garage along one of the house walls? What rooms is it near?

Yes it might be as simple as drilling a hole in the wall and running the cable into a socket, it all depends....

I'd be using it for a bit of drilling, soldering nothing too strenous on power at all.

Advertisement