Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ristorante Casanova, Cork

Options
  • 05-10-2011 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi,
    i was wondering if anybody knew if Ristorante Casanova on north Main street is still open?

I've emailed them and tried ringing them but the email was bounced back and the phone is engaged constantly.

I bought a LivingSocial voucher for it and was going to use it cos Saturday is the last day for it!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Sign on the window yesterday said that 'due to renovations' they were closed. I can't recall anymore details.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭HB2002

Thanks for that
    must get on to LivingSocial and get my money back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Ate there about ten days ago actually, serious decline in standards from my previous visit :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

SomeFool wrote: »
    Ate there about ten days ago actually, serious decline in standards from my previous visit :(

Big time!

I grew to hate that place after getting several meals that looks like they were dropped out a window onto the plate before being thrown onto the table.

Sign on the window yesterday said that 'due to renovations' they were closed. I can't recall anymore details.

They had a deli next door that was supposedly up for renovation for the last 2 years and never reopened. So I can imagine Casanova will go the same way (i.e. wont reopen), I have never seen remotely enough people in there to fund any sort of renovation project.

Another one bites the dust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

It would be a pity if it closes, the service was poor but the food was generally very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

HB2002 wrote: »
    Thanks for that
    must get on to LivingSocial and get my money back!

Ditto!

has this place definitely gone?

i havent had a chance to look for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

service was always below par and dont get me started on that blondey day manager....... a group of eight or nine of us had to get up and walk out because it took our entire lunch break to get served.....
    food was alright -prefer il padrinos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

all_smilz wrote: »
    service was always below par and dont get me started on that blondey day manager....... a group of eight or nine of us had to get up and walk out because it took our entire lunch break to get served.....
    food was alright -prefer il padrinos

Oh dear. I was hoping Casanova's would re-open so that I could try the food. Think I'm in trouble if Il Padrino's food was thought to be better!!

Personally, I thought the food in Il Padrino's was awful...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

2/3 years ago my favourite restauraunt, then whatever happened it just became crap. Used to love to go in there for a lasagne listening to a man play on the classical guitar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

CHealy wrote: »
    2/3 years ago my favourite restauraunt, then whatever happened it just became crap. Used to love to go in there for a lasagne listening to a man play on the classical guitar.

+1.

Was there a few weeks ago and half the menu was unavailable. They had only 3 red wines and the food quality was way down on a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RoxyFoe

Heya,

I've been there yesterday, they reopened. But there apparently is a new management and they changed the interior just a bit. Guess they had to sell in the end.
    And the new owner is nice and stuff but the food is really not good unfortunately… and there is not much on the menu really… too bad.

I wonder will the new management honour the vouchers that a lot of people probably still have!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭HB2002

I got a refund from Living Social for the voucher.
    I emaled there customer support to ask them for it but never got a reply
    but the money was lodged to my account this week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 1lunatic

This place used to be really nice - not anymore though.

Now it seems to be called Casa Roma? Anyone been?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Davide.

Not yet. Seems another owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭out da lough

They badly need a double door. If you are sitting downstairs and someone comes in, the draught is unreal. In winter you could freeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Yes, seems to be open again so might be worth taking a chance. Always thought it was a nice spot for a restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 arik11

Had dinner there yesterday.The upper floor was cold and dark.We tried there but then came back downstairs.Ordered simple Margarita Pizza and waited almost 20-25 minute!Got a thin flat base with a spread of tomato sauce on it and sprinkles of cheese. Paid €11 for each of them.A rip off in my mind.The Mediterranean salad was acceptable .Service Slow. Very Slow :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement