Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed: Not sure of my options.

Options
  • 05-10-2011 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, guys.

Basically, i'm in stage 2 of Arts, and I failed all 6 of my modules in Geography and Information Studies in semester 2 last year, after passing all modules in 1st year and all in semester 1 of 2nd year. I was working full time from February trying to make money to go to the USA, I did, and now I am back. I realised I really do infact want to finish my degree. I only got back from California last week, and I fear it may be too late to salvage this semester.

I've heard about this Year X thing, although I know it's no longer called that and may no longer exist. But I would like to spend a semester getting all my repeats out of the way and then crack on in January or next September if I can't do that.

The reason I'm posting here is to ask if anyone has been in, or knows someone who was in, the situation I am in, and what action they took or if someone working at UCD can clear up the situation for me. If the modules I need to repeat are not offered as resits/repeats this semester then what can I do? How can I progress?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Stage X never existed. You really would be better off talking to your Programme Office as anything on here will be hearsay and speculation.

Advertisement