Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Training Runners

• 05-10-2011 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

So my runners have come to the end of their shelf life and I am looking to buy a new pair. Could ppl recommend me some good ones. I wear insoles and was using a pair of brook neutrals so I reckon I will go again for another pair of neutral runners....

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Whoever moved this... sorry I missed the gear and equipment forum somehow! Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Would recommend Asics Gel Nimbus - never let me down yet:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Perkina3 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

So my runners have come to the end of their shelf life and I am looking to buy a new pair. Could ppl recommend me some good ones. I wear insoles and was using a pair of brook neutrals so I reckon I will go again for another pair of neutral runners....

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Whoever moved this... sorry I missed the gear and equipment forum somehow! Cheers!

Might be worth calling into somewhere like Amphibian King to get a recommendation.

I use Mizuno Wave Rider myself although they're quite clunky. Might go for a pair of Innov x255s or ds trainers or similar to complement them for shorter faster runs.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Am on my fourth pair of brooks launch, maybe they are what you had? I just find them reliable and unnoticable. I should probably try a different brand myself just for a looksee but if it aint broke why fix it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I decided to try out the Adidas equivalents of the Asics GT2160's. I think the first pair I tried were the Supernova Sequence 4 and they were ok, but I didn't try running in them and they started squeaking like hell not long after I bought them, so I just use them for walking. I'm glad I did as they don't feel like they've great support on the inside.

I then tried the Adidas Adistar Salvation as they were the next type up in the range for over-pronators and they feel ok but they seem to have almost too much support on the inside. I nearly feel like I'm walking on the edges of my feet when I wear them. So I haven't risked running in them yet.

One thing to consider is different sizing of other brands. I can take a 9 or 9.5 in Asics but I need a 10 at least in Adidas shoes.

I know I have different requirements to you, but just some thoughts from someone who tried another brand.

I'm pretty sure whenever I buy my next pair of runners, it will be back to the Asics GT2160's or whatever the latest model is in that range.

Advertisement