Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC Rugby

• 05-10-2011 3:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭

Hey, just wondering does anybody know about J3 rugby training times and places in UCC? I've contacted the director of rugby a couple of times but with no joy, does anybody have a contact number for whoever is in charge of th J3s? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Bogsnorkler

It used to be on at 18.30 out in the farm every wednesday, but i donno what the story is now. Was gonna head out myself this evening but not sure if its still on at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

It used to be on at 18.30 out in the farm every wednesday, but i donno what the story is now. Was gonna head out myself this evening but not sure if its still on at this time.

It's on at 7pm in the Farm. A bus leaves from college at 6.20 or 6.30 and is €2 return. Come down tonight. Good session planned and games start this Sunday. Pm me and I can give you my number if you need more info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Where does the bus leave from? I haven't bought boots yet ha, my old ones are wrecked! I've been out of the game for more then a year now, played J2 in first year but got injured and haven't been back since. What kind of intensity is the training, I am genuinely in shocking condition like ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

GSOIRL wrote: »
    It's on at 7pm in the Farm. A bus leaves from college at 6.20 or 6.30 and is €2 return. Come down tonight. Good session planned and games start this Sunday. Pm me and I can give you my number if you need more info.

Any chance anyone has come across the J3 coach's number? I'm itching to give it a crack and see do my under 8's skills still hold up :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Any chance anyone has come across the J3 coach's number? I'm itching to give it a crack and see do my under 8's skills still hold up :P

Who is the J3 coach?

• Advertisement

GSOIRL seems to have some involvement anyway, fire him a PM for a phone number!

Who is the J3 coach?

Barry Power according to the UCC rugby site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

We'd training there today from 7 - 8:30 in the farm ! The bus leaves castle W at 20 past 6 ish be early !
    Theres a practice match tomorrow at 6:15 in the mardyke , turn up togged out if youre interested ! Its for the team selection for the match on sunday against dolphin !
    I dont have the numbers on me at the moment but the teams on facebook Ucc J3 Rugby and the captain Mike Mccarthy aswell !
    Hope that gets you sorted .

Nice one, thanks! Fack I'd love to make it tomorrow but my gear is at home and I've work! Trying to find that facebook page, any chance of a link to it :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Barry Power according to the UCC rugby site.

Thats who I thought, wasn't sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

If anyone needs any info just PM me or better yet head down to training or the Mardyke this evening where we're playing an internal game or Sunday at 12pm games on in the Farm and the Mardyke. Ask for Shane(that's me) or Barry or Mike. The sooner you get stuck in the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 uccj3skipper

Well lads, I'm Mike McCarthy....drop me a PM for any info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

would J3 rugby be suitable for someone who's never played rugby before, but is fairly strong? pretty unfit, but used to row internationally at junior level. feel like getting fit again :pac:

J3 suits everyone from beginners who've never playwed any sport to lads who have played at the top and want to take rugby less seriously....come out and give it a go, rowers tend to make good forwards in my book

What kind of gear would you recommend to bring along to a session? Just the usual obvious stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Bogsnorkler

Hey lads, whats the story with non students playing.

I graduated from UCC a few years back and am back now working in the city and I'd love have a run around with the J3's again.

work away mate come out to training its on in the farm on wednesdays at 7pm

Advertisement