Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I burnt my face with a curling tongs...help!

• 05-10-2011 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

hi everyone,

When I was doing my hair this morning I hit the side of my face with the curling tongs (i was rushing of course!) it was very sore at first and now i have a fairly big red mark on the side of my cheek (near my ear). I put some sudo cream on it straight away but had to rub it off not long after cause i'd to go to work. anyway the real problem is that i've a wedding on saturday and i really dont want to have this big red line on the side of my face :(
    can anyone recommend something to put on it to maybe help the redness go down? I have a feeling its not going to be gone by saturday so if anyone could recommend a good concealer or something that i could use to cover it up? The only concealer i have at the moment is an Avon one(which isnt very good for even small blemishes) and i tried putting that on it today and it just didnt work....help!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Hydrogel is amazing for burns - if you can make it to a chemist tonight, leave it on overnight and see the difference tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Ouch!! I burned my arm off the oven recently and used 100 % Aloe vera gel on it constantly (can buy in any chemist) have to say it worked wonders for me.

For covering the redness I'd suggest you get a good green concealer, but if the wound is blistered you should leave well enough alone to avoid infection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I burnt my forehead before while trying to curl my fringe! I think the most important thing is to keep it exposed so it gets air and don't put make up on it as you'll just make it angry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭feels2gd2btrue

Try and avoid make up until the wedding, this will give it the best chance to heal, keep it moisturised, if it blisters/scabs don't pick at it as this will increase the chances of being left with a scar. Pick up one of those cheap concealer palettes, I think essence or catrice do them for 3/4 euro, they are cream concealers that have a few different colours, cream, pink and green that you could mix together to get the perfect shade to hide it.

Advertisement