Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal alien

Options
  • 05-10-2011 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Does anyone have any information which might be able to advise me?

My niece (18yrs) was brought to America by her mother when she was only 4yrs old. She now wishes to return to Ireland to study. She has no Irish passport as she was named on her mothers passport at the time of leaving the country. Her mother has overstayed her visa and now both of them are living in America illegally. My wifes sister wishes to stay in America and is concerned that if my niece makes herself known to the authorities, in order to get a passport, that both of them will be sent home.

What rights does my niece have?
    Will both of them be forced to leave America?
    If not, will my niece over be able to reenter America to visit her mother?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Boards.ie isn't really the place for legal advice. Perhaps a solicitor would be the best place to ask.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Consult a solicitor, all legal advice is banned sitewide.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement