Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Dublin / North Co. Dublin Gun Dealers

Options
  • 05-10-2011 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for somewhere in North Dub / North Co. Dublin. I used to go to a well known dealer out in Balheary swords but I lost his number!

Looking to buy shells & Clays. Anyone know of anywhere? I tried the wiki list but it seems to be down? If you cannot share details publicly please PM me.

Cheers lads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

courtlough in balbriggan

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

Pat Mc Cormack / Butch Kyle - Balheary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭MC.ISF

Stay away from Courtlough, have had very bad experiences with them over the years and the prices they charge is disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

MC.ISF wrote: »
    Stay away from Courtlough, have had very bad experiences with them over the years and the prices they charge is disgraceful.
    i picked up some cartridges there last time i passed and they weren't over priced and clays are the same price everywhere

i picked up some cartridges there last time i passed and they weren't over priced and clays are the same price everywhere

Depends who's serving you. They have a terrible reputation in the area, if you get a counter to shoot a few clays and say 1 in 4 breaks on the way out of the trap which they usually do there they still charge you. I went out with 100 cartridges obviously couldnt shoot anymore than 100 clays, came back and the counter said 124, there was alot of breakages and I explained this. They said i had fired more than I said and that I was in the wrong. Also another time wanted to buy a box of clays and was asked for €20 , when I said I could get them alot cheaper somewhere else i was told and i quote " We're a F*ing clay grounds you pay us to shoot our setup , we dont F*ing sell clays . If you want a box its €20 " so i told them where to stick their clays and left . Never returned. Believe me alot of people have had bad experiences there and I havent even begun to tell you mine, one was very serious when I purchased a gun only to find it non functional, Appears they took parts from the mechanism to fix another gun. There was alot of trouble over it as I raised hell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

i have always found the lads there very nice.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Just a pre-emptive "strike" here lads.

All reviews/opinions are welcome, but as long as they are based on personal experience, and as long as they are factually based. In other words describing the service received, good or bad, is fine. Insulting the person(s) involved is not.
    The rule we use on this is very simple:
    • if you're posting the facts about your experience and they're negative, there's nothing wrong with that;
    • if you're posting your opinion of the person or people involved, you're in a gray area;
    • and if you're just having a bitching session or trying to get the boot in, well, your post is getting edited or deleted at a bare minimum
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

never had any problems with them in courtlough
    always helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

BigDuffman wrote: »
    I'm looking for somewhere in North Dub / North Co. Dublin. I used to go to a well known dealer out in Balheary swords but I lost his number!

Looking to buy shells & Clays. Anyone know of anywhere? I tried the wiki list but it seems to be down? If you cannot share details publicly please PM me.

Cheers lads.
    take a spin up to Drogheda or Navan only a couple of mins extra but you will get better selection and better prices

lb1981 wrote: »
    take a spin up to Drogheda or Navan only a couple of mins extra but you will get better selection and better prices

+1 on Drogheda Great service there .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I was in Courtlough last month having bought a voucher off boardsdeals for clay and target shooting. Never having done it before, I was a little unsure of what to expect. I have to say myself and the two other guys with me were well looked after. The chap who took us out to the range was very knowledgeable and took a lot of time to go through different aspects of shooting, and gave us plenty of extra shells to use after we reached our allocation.

I managed to hit 17 of my 20 shots and as a final test, our instructor set up a double clay pull with one from the front and one from the back and I hit both. Since the day out I have been looking at the forum and getting a feel for how the sport works, and am seriously thinking of getting into the clay shooting, once I have made a few more trips to Courtlough to see how I fair again. If it wasn't for the attention of the guy in Courtlough on the day however, the experience could have been a whole different story, so I personally would have good things to say about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Is it aidan murphy or am sports you are looking for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

John Kavanagh in Fingal sports is a good man to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Cheers lads got in touch with Pat out in Balheary.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

Fingal Sports, same turn off the M1 as courtlough, great prices and friendly service.

Advertisement