Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween Beers - Saturday 29th October - Messrs Maguire - 8pm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

No. I can hear the children of the night from my couch, thank you very much.
    The fancy dress part is optional...right?

Don't let it get in the way of a good night out anyway.

It's not optional for you! D:
    I bet it rains as well >:(

Dress up as an umbrella. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

I may just turn up in my cap & gown. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

trowelled wrote: »
    Hmmm, I'll try make this.

Oh, and homemade costumes are much better. I generally tend to make my own. Year before last, I bought one and ended up having to add to it (made the boots, which involved a lot of needlework). Needed to make it look more realistic.

I remember that, it was quite an impressive costume. :) But as for you, not so much, trying to get me to sing a wham song, not on I tell ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Actually, "made the boots" is a slight exaggeration on my part. I sourced the red boot/runner base that I needed and made all necessary amendments/attachments. It involved ribbons(a lot of fiddly sewing with these), sewing poofy bands together (used those cotton hairbands, which I stuffed with cotton wool and sewed them together to create the necessary bands of colour. Laborious work but it paid off in the end

Did you go as superbrite?
    :(

Don't drag me into this lover's tiff!

It's ok, we ain't lovers and you were 100% right.
    I may just turn up in my cap & gown. :pac:

That'd be hella fancy, and can be worn with a dress. Victory!

(Though DIT don't let you keep your shiz.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

I remember that, it was quite an impressive costume. :) But as for you, not so much, trying to get me to sing a wham song, not on I tell ya.

Ah, I thought I was gonna craic you at one stage. We'll soon get you doing the jitterbug
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    Did you go as superbrite?

I went as Rainbow Brite. Had to make it look more like the cartoon character than the slutty-assed costume that I bought online. I mean I'm not super tall, and yet I had no choice but to add leggings under the dress because it was seriously short.

I even brought along a white My Litte Pony to act as my Starlite. I'm all about the props.

• Advertisement

I went as Rainbow Brite. Had to make it look more like the cartoon character than the slutty-assed costume that I bought online. I mean I'm not super tall, and yet I had no choice but to add leggings under the dress because it was seriously short.

I even brought along a white My Litte Pony to act as my Starlite. I'm all about the props.

Oh yoh, I meant Rainbow Brite! Excellente.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Ah, I thought I was gonna craic you at one stage. We'll soon get you doing the jitterbug

That pony was awesome! :D

That pony was awesome! :D

Which pony was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

It was a cheap Tesco "My little Pony" knock-off. It was white with colourful hair. I was fairly broke at the time, so no genuine My Little Pony for me:(

It was a cheap Tesco "My little Pony" knock-off. It was white with colourful hair. I was fairly broke at the time, so no genuine My Little Pony for me:(

You should have raided a toy box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Which pony was it?

The one that gets mistaken for the morning bus..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Think am going to Rocky Horror in Sugar Club for Sat night :P
    Though I may stop into yous on my way out, see how you all are... See what kinda mischief and tricks you have gotten yourselves into!!

I expect lots dammit!! :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Maybe - I might have to wash my hare (and maybe my rabbit too).
    DEVASTATED this is on Saturday and not Sunday. My grad ball is also on that night. In Limerick :(

And I was gonna build a costume around my thigh high boots *waaaaah*

And I was gonna build a costume around my thigh high boots *waaaaah*

Thigh High Boots?

Aeon Flux anyone?

aeonflux-cartoon15.jpg

I have bought my material for my costume and I've drawn up the pattern! Now to turn my inept sewing skills to the task...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Ns6b9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

reallyrose wrote: »
    I have bought my material for my costume and I've drawn up the pattern! Now to turn my inept sewing skills to the task...

I am going to be fiercely disappointed if you do not dress as nyan cat and carry a supersoaker full of lsd to spritz people to complete the illusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Galvasean wrote: »
    Thigh High Boots?

Aeon Flux anyone?

aeonflux-cartoon15.jpg

Sure you can practically see her ovaries!

Only get away with that carry on one night of the year, damnit :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

For anyone looking for bits and pieces to complete their costumes, found this Irish based website, LOADS of stuff and quite reasonably priced too, esp for wigs and accessories etc..

http://www.littlestarparties.ie/

:D

Sure you can practically see her ovaries!

Only get away with that carry on one night of the year, damnit :(

I've been told Aeon is very good looking. I'd be afraid to suss her out in that way though, less she kill me.

• Advertisement

I've been told Aeon is very good looking. I'd be afraid to suss her out in that way though, less she kill me.

Like.. the movie? Wuh? Hawt. And, there's like magical silver balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Where would ya be without magic silver balls????? ;)

Oh dont get me started on Charlize Theron... watched Mighty Joe Young a while back and have never been so jealous of a damn dirty ape.

BadGirl wrote: »
    Where would ya be without magic silver balls????? ;)

Well, probably still stuck in quite a few sticky situations.

Oh dont get me started on Charlize Theron... watched Mighty Joe Young a while back and have never been so jealous of a damn dirty ape.

What about King Kong... he gets all the girls!

What about King Kong... he gets all the girls!

No disrespect to Faye Raye, Naomi Watts and whoever the hell played the girl in that awful 70s version of King Kong, Charlize Theron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Maguined wrote: »
    I am going to be fiercely disappointed if you do not dress as nyan cat and carry a supersoaker full of lsd to spritz people to complete the illusion.

Prepare to be disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Think am going to Rocky Horror in Sugar Club for Sat night :P
    Though I may stop into yous on my way out, see how you all are... See what kinda mischief and tricks you have gotten yourselves into!!

I expect lots dammit!! :mad::mad:

I've been to that at least 4 times by now, just can't go again. Good craic, I suppose, but very repetitive.

reallyrose wrote: »
    Prepare to be disappointed!

Damnit! I wanted to see the walls melt :mad:

jokettle wrote: »
    I've been to that at least 4 times by now, just can't go again. Good craic, I suppose, but very repetitive.

Rocky Horror is awesome.
    That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Don't suppose anyone wants to team up with me for this costume party?

Was thinking if I can get a second person I totally want to do the SNL sketch, "dick in a box"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTu9zJP9gP1VJpjk4IduzmqFA3xUdWs9sS6sQe0Qs_EY0SNhcA7

Any takers?

Advertisement