Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fiat 90-90

• 05-10-2011 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Have my eye on a fiat 90-90 2 wheel drive that a neighbours selling! any major problems apart from rust!! its a 93 so i think they were fitted with newer cabs than the pre 1993? it has fairly decent hours and all it was doing the last few years was general farmwork!!
    Any info much appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

had one for a few years, really liked it although it was fairly leathered by the time i got it, id say if you can get it for good value go for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

they are a good reilable tractor with a good engine and lots of power for mixing slurry

• Registered Users Posts: 26 valamhic

6480 wrote: »
    they are a good reilable tractor with a good engine and lots of power for mixing slurry

Have one (90 - 90) but never got to try out all the levers. Is it a 540 and 1000 pto? If so how do I activate the 1,000 rpm pto. I use the 540 all the time and the ground drive for spreading fertilizer.
    Mine is a 1993 and cap is very good. Lid on skylight roof rusted a lot. But its replacible.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Harrier1980

Think the cabs were galvanised after 1994!!
    Apart from that they are a great tractor! Lots of power handy on fuel and very reliable. And have a lovley exhause note too!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭tim04750

They are very reliable, most common fault is burning out the handbrake by drivin' around with it on cause the light on the dash stopped working,and any trouble you get wont cost a fortune as they are very easy to work on.To change the pto to thou take off the pto stub at the back,its held on with three nuts, 19 socket, and you'll see a wee shaft that pokes out,it slides into a recess in the pto stub,just cut the end off a bolt and fill the recess and put back on the stub,the cut off bolt presses in the shaft,yer in 1000 pto !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

valamhic wrote: »
    Have one (90 - 90) but never got to try out all the levers. Is it a 540 and 1000 pto? If so how do I activate the 1,000 rpm pto. I use the 540 all the time and the ground drive for spreading fertilizer.
    Mine is a 1993 and cap is very good. Lid on skylight roof rusted a lot. But its replacible.

tim is spot on right about the pto on how to select the 1000 speed

thanks for the pto info. I notice on the dash a green and yellow guide for speeds and I now have it figured.

What is the small tank over the back left axel. Its a half litre plastic tank with a small pipe leading away.

Also, is there any specific type of power steering fluid required ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

i think that is the bottler for the windscreen water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭tim04750

Ordinary multipurpose or engine oil for power steering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

tim04750 wrote: »
    Ordinary multipurpose or engine oil for power steering

and for the brake fluid resevoir on these!!

i think that is the bottler for the windscreen water

You could be right. I 'll syphon a drop out and should know if its water, will post result.

There is a small lever on the left 4th in from wheel. Near the seat. Any idea what its for. From right wheel, 1, lift , 2 lift 3, (a 3 position lift positioner). Then 4 the last one in from the right , what is it for?

Do you know if it runs out of diesel fuel, is it self priming?

I am working of the fuel Tank guage which is jumping all over the place.

I cut the engine revs back for idling, lovely sound , wonder is it any harm doing that?

corkcomp wrote: »

I think the resevoir is on the right hand side . Take off the panel and its at the top. One pipe leading into under steering and the other to the pump. Cant say if its a common one for the brake also. I can say that the brakes work on the front wheels whether the 4 WD is one of not.

10w 30 for power steering.
    there should be a low level light come on for the diesel when its low. also it would drive the mower for us years ago for another acre after that light came on.

I think the resevoir is on the right hand side . Take off the panel and its at the top. One pipe leading into under steering and the other to the pump. Cant say if its a common one for the brake also. I can say that the brakes work on the front wheels whether the 4 WD is one of not.

its a 40K box so.. the 30K only had rear wheel braking with 4WD off!

corkcomp wrote: »

my local tractor parts dealer, gave transmission fluid for power steering. says its used for all tractors. its red with a filling pipe in the cap.

tractor seems to be very good. its 1993 and is gelvanized cab. i can see it where paint peels off. A lever for just forward and reverse would be handy but i suppose you cannot have it every way.

I presume the dip-stick at the back if for the back end oil. What oil goes into it. I presume it is superfleet, the same as the engine, but can someone confirm

I am gettin to like my 90 -90 4 wd. If I was to be critical, I would like the accellator lever to the right of the steering wheel instead of the right mud guard. Also its a pity the 3 speed high low gear lever does not have an easy select for reverse. Reverse on the main lever is against the spring loaded centre. (3 and 4th ) However there are minor really. Bottle over rear wheel is for wind screen washer. Is there an irish agent?

They are not a light machine, but ok and nice size about a yard

Which is the best lever to opperate the hydraulics? How does the button on the side of the right inside mud wing work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 Donegal09

Which is the best lever to opperate the hydraulics? How does the button on the side of the right inside mud wing work?

which ever one you want really, the lever(s) with the curved ends seem to spring back when you let them go and the straight levered ones seem to stay in place until put under pressure and then pop back into neutral flow. The switch on the mudguard is for the quick-lift. Its very handy when stacking bales and doing things that alot of lift-arm usage. when you pop in the button the lift goes up to max, and when you flick the switch it should go down to the preset height (set from the inside lift-lever). I've come across a few fiats which have this switch broken though so if it doesnt work youll know somethings wrong !

• Advertisement

Donegal09 wrote: »
    which ever one you want really, the lever(s) with the curved ends seem to spring back when you let them go and the straight levered ones seem to stay in place until put under pressure and then pop back into neutral flow. The switch on the mudguard is for the quick-lift. Its very handy when stacking bales and doing things that alot of lift-arm usage. when you pop in the button the lift goes up to max, and when you flick the switch it should go down to the preset height (set from the inside lift-lever). I've come across a few fiats which have this switch broken though so if it doesnt work youll know somethings wrong !

The other day my hydraulic would not go down. So pyushed in the lever on the lever on the mud guard in and it went up and down ok. However I presume the if this button was broken my hydraulic would not go down at all. May you could clarify.

When you say the inside lever. do you mean the inside lever do you mean the onen nearest the seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Fabo

Am I right in thinking that if the button on the mudguard were to get stuck in the "out" position, the hydraulic would not go down.?

Donegal09 wrote: »

What is the knob in the centre under the seat close to the floor for. mine wont go round

What is the knob in the centre under the seat close to the floor for. mine wont go round

for adjusting the speed of the hydraulics i think

for adjusting the speed of the hydraulics i think

OK.

Its not one you would be using much. I thing it is seized on mine. Is that right.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bogmaster

OK.

Its not one you would be using much. I thing it is seized on mine. Is that right.?

have a 90-90 also but the last while the lift got really slow to go down putting in bales takes ages for it to drop. the button on the side of wing is working the filters is changed, pump was pressure tested and working the spools at good speed. the knob in under the seat is seized this long long time. Is there any other setting or adjustments to sort this out:confused:

im pretty sure that round know (plastic with grooves?) is for adjusting some function of the operators seat not the hydraulics?

Advertisement